It’s been a bugger of a long time coming, but the Katy Perry debate is FINALLY over! Back in mid October, we asked you what you thought of the daughter of a preacher man (and woman) – whether she was the real deal or just faking it in order to sell some records. You’ve given us a resounding response in the latter!
We had a total of 73 votes for this little debate and here’s how the responses were broken down to the question ‘Katy Perry is…’;
* Three people responded to the ‘my daughter and Jesus loves you’ answer (4.11%) are therefore assumed to be Katy’s parents.
* Eight people (10.96%) believe Katy will be the next big thing, though she seems to have dropped off our radar a bit at the mo.
* Nine people (12.33%) told us that she’s the real deal and that she’s really moved on from her life ‘neath the steeple.
But here’s where it gets juicy.
* More than 25% of respondents (19 votes) believed Katy to be ‘the spawn of satan’, poor love;
* And an astonishing 34 votes (or 46.58% of your votes) concluded that Katy Perry was indeed ‘The Great Pretender’, pretending to distance herself from the church and her religious upbringing in order for her to obtain a rather lucrative pOp career.
Katy Perry… how could you!? And whilst we’re on that… Is it just us or has she gone a bit quiet?