* The gang at Stomp has announced that they’ll be releasing the brand new Deadmau5 album ‘For Lack Of A Better Name’ (pictured) in Australia on September 18. It’s the Canadian’s second album, and follows on from his 2008 debut ‘Random Album Title’.
* Organisers have been sweating on the news for the last month or so, but at the eleventh hour, Ja Rule has finally been granted a visa for entry into Australia in time to perform at the Luna Park Big Top in Sydney this Saturday. Limited tickets are still available to the one-off show.
* Over in Britain, dance reigns supreme this week on both the singles and albums chart. David Guetta’s collaboration with Akon, ‘Sexy Bitch’, has debuted in the top spot on the UK singles chart, while on the albums chart, it’s Calvin Harris all the way with his new album ‘Ready For The Weekend’.
* Aussie songstress Vanessa Amorosi has revealed on her TWITTER page that her brand new (as yet untitled) album will be released later this year. The album is the follow-up to her long-awaited comeback record ‘Somewhere In The Real World’.
* The guys from Sydney outfit Groove State, whose album ‘Pop Glam’ we reviewed and gave away a few weeks back, are offering fans a free music download every week at the moment. Go and get yours from their OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
* In another case of ‘worst kept secret’, Channel 10’s Australian Idol has revealed that Sony Music’s Jay Dee Springbett will indeed be the new judge on the weekly talent competition. He replaces Kyle Sandilands, who was recently sacked due to his involvement in the now infamous radio lie detector stunt gone wrong.