* Sony Music has confirmed to us that Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ DVD will be given an Australian release on Saturday October 26. The DVD will feature footage of rehearsals for Michael’s ‘This Is It’ concerts, scheduled to go ahead in London before the singer’s untimely death in June.
* Speaking of Sony, they’ve announced that the new Britney Spears best-of ‘The Singles Collection’ will hit Australian stores on Friday November 20. Two versions of the collection will be made available – a CD/DVD version and a limited edition fan box set containing all 29 singles in individual sleeves with b-sides. A new single, ‘3’, produced by Max Martin, is due to hit Australian radio on Tuesday October 06.
* US outfit Yacht, announced as part of the Meredith Music Festival line-up, will play three extra shows while they’re in the country, treating audiences to their intriguing blend of pop in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. They play Revolver in Melbourne on December 13, the Oxford Art Factory in Sydney on December 15 and the Brisbane Powerhouse on December 16, with all tix on sale on October 02.
* The countdown is on to Victoria’s iconic new years eve Pyramid Rock Festival on Phillip Island. Three day passes for the event have already sold out, while two day passes are well on their way. Organisers will reveal the second line-up of guests this Wednesday.
* And still in Victoria, the Solar Music Festival will return for a second big event at the Mornington Racecourse, south of Melbourne on Sunday January 03. No word yet on a line-up.
* If reports out of the UK are to be believed, former Sugababe Keisha gave management an ultimatum – either Amelle goes or I go. It kinda backfired. Meanwhile, out Sugababes debate continues over in the right hand column. Should they stay or should they go?
* And in the world of Twitter, Kate Havnevik is driving to Minneapolis, Gin WIgmore appears to have an album-in-the-shops hangover, Mika’ s a fan of Snickers bars and Miley Cyrus has been eating corn dogs.
(Good luck to Melbourne and Brisbane tonight and to Geelong and St.Kilda in about five minutes’ time – may the best teams win).