Madonna’s drummer Brian Frasier-Moore has let the cat out of the bag, confirming (in the video interview below) that the Queen of Pop will hit the road for a new tour early in the new year.
But it’s an anonymous email that arrived in our inbox today claiming to be from a “touring industry insider”, that’s most piqued our interest.
In it they make a series of claims, including that Madonna will announce a ten date tour of Australia later this month.
They also suggest that;
* “The Celebration Tour” will be an intimate arena tour, visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and for the first time, Perth.
* The tour will be marketed as a special “gift” for her Australian fans, who’ve waited almost 17 years to see her.
* 250 tickets will be given away to charity at each show.
* Ticket prices will be the highest ever seen in Australia (starting at $249).
* Five ticket tiers will be offered; bronze ($249), silver ($499), gold ($999), ultimate ($2000) and a premium ultimate version for $3000 including a meet and greet with the superstar.
* The tour will continue to overseas destinations, but on a larger scale (they name London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin).
* One of the Melbourne dates will be filmed for a future DVD release and will be shown on US channel HBO the night after.
We cannot confirm that any of the details contained in the email are true, and we’re not suggesting they are, but it certainly makes for interesting and exciting reading, particularly for local fans of the Material Girl, who’ve waited almost 17 long years to see her back on Australian shores. Could it be that in 2010, their wish finally comes true?