Well then! If you missed the premiere of our scorching hot new segment last week, allow us to introduce you to Free Track Friday… This is our brand new weekly segment where you’ll find a swag of fabulous freebies that we’ve been sent across the course of the week, all waiting for you to download, completely FREE of charge.
So whether you’re a reader, an up and coming band, a manager or publicist, start spreading the news… Free Track Friday is where you’ll discover a raft of latest legal downloads from all sorts of different genres!
Download fingers at the ready…?
• This fresh-faced young man is US-based singer songwriter Adam Whittington, who’s slowly but surely been making a name for himself in pop circles across the United States. With five radio singles already under his belt, he’s now unleashed ‘Dare To Dream’ that hopes to inspire the listener to “to reach for the stars and never stop dreaming”. ‘Dare To Dream’ also serves as the title to his forthcoming album project, due later in the year.
For more information on the young star, hit www.adamwhittington.com. You can download ‘Dare To Dream’ the single HERE.
• Canadian electro duo Crystal Castles saw their last album drop into the top 30 down under on its release back in 2010. On it, they teamed up with The Cure’s Robert Smith for the single ‘Not In Love’. Now they’ve revealed brand new music in the form of the ‘Plague’. And what’s more, they’re allowing all and sundry to download it FREE! The track is rumoured to be lifted from the forthcoming album, due later this year and if you’d like to get your mittens on it for nix, best you click HERE.
• Here’s something brand new fresh out of the UK… Up and coming songstress Laura Steel will release her high energy pop/rock single ‘Overdrive’ in Britain in October this year. She hails from the city of Sheffield (famous for its stainless steel – perhaps the reason for the surname??) and co-penned the track with Marc Nelkin, whose previous CV includes tracks for Ke$ha and Corinne Bailey Rae. There’s set to be plenty more to come from Laura soon, but ahead of the track’s October release, you can download it free and instantly by clicking HERE.
• You may have missed this one on the site earlier in the week, but the lovely Alicia Keys is back with the brand new single ‘New Day’ and right now, she’s giving the bloody thing away absolutely FREE! It’s a stomping, marching, percussion-heavy tune about hope and turning over a positive new leaf that relies more on the beat rather than Alicia’s voice. The track has been produced by Keys’ husband Swiss Beatz. For a limited time only, you can get your grubby mitts on it right HERE.
• It’s actually been a good week to pick up a bit of free St.Lucia. The New York-based artist (real name Jean-Philip Grobler) has seen his track ‘Before The Dive’ featured on iTunes as its single of the week. But given his forthcoming appearance at this year’s, the gang from Parklife are also offering up a free download from his self-titled EP. The five minute ‘We Got It Wrong’ is an awesome piece of driving electronic dance/pop that will have you grooving your butt off. It’ll be downloaded straight to your computer by clicking HERE.
• We were big fans of Sydney outfit Panama and their ripping good single ‘Magic’ when we published a story about it back in February. Described by the band’s publicists at the time as “steeped in sunburn, the scent of coconut, beer drinking on the promenade and bikini-clad girls on roller-skates”, the single delivered Aussie audiences a delicious slice of percussive indie-pop goodness. Now (thankfully) signed to Future Classic, the boys are offering up the Midnight Magic remix of ‘Magic’ for free download. Nab it HERE.
Another freebie that we brought you earlier in the week was from ‘The Voice’ songstress Carmen Smith. Many will remember the frizzy-haired songstress being booted from the show (some would say unfairly) after featuring heavily on Guy Sebastian’s single ‘Gold’. With new music due later in the year, Carmen released the track ‘Polaroid’ as a free download. Says Carmen of the track, “This song is possibly the most special song I have ever written. It deals with losing my father.” It’s a pretty extraordinary piece. Head to carmensmithmusic.com to obtain your freebie.
• Don’t let the cover image of this EP fool you… It may look like Brittany McDonald has stepped straight off the set of ‘Dynasty’, but its contents are not what you might expect from the cover photo. Orange County songstress Brittany’s self-titled release contains eight tracks, all of which are slick mainstream electro-pop and all of which are available for nothing. You can choose to leave a monetary tip if you like what you hear and you’ll have to part with your email address to get your mitts on it, but give it a listen HERE.
So there you go! Consider that your second exciting installment of Free Track Friday!
We’ll be back next Friday afternoon with more fabulous freebies right here on your favourite Aussie pop blog!