It was back in late June when we brought you the news that crooner Rod Stewart had inked a new deal with Universal Music and would be releasing a new Christmas album at the end of the year.
Now further details have emerged about the release including the cover image (above) and the tracklisting (below).
‘Merry Christmas, Baby’, to be released on November 09, is the first Christmas album of Rod’s extensive 40-plus year career and will feature a host of festive favourites from ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas’ to ‘White Christmas’, ‘Blue Christmas’, ‘Silent Night’ and ‘Santa Claus Is Coming To Town’.
The album will also feature a range of guest appearances, with Michael Buble, Cee Lo Green, Mary J Blige and jazz musician Dave Koz all confirmed, along with a “virtual duet” with Ella Fitzgerald on ‘What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?’.
There’s also an original track entitled ‘Red-Suited Super Man’, which was composed by Rod alongside David Foster and Amy Foster.
‘Merry Christmas, Baby’ will be released in Australia on Friday November 09.
01. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
02. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
03. Winter Wonderland (ftg. Michael Buble)
04. White Christmas
05. Merry Christmas, Baby (ftg. Cee-Lo Green and Trombone Shorty)
06. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (ftg. Dave Koz)
07. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? (ftg. Ella Fitzgerald & Chris Botti)
08. Blue Christmas
09. Re-Suited Super Man (ftg. Trombone Shorty)
10. When you Wish Upon A Star
11. We Three Kings (ftg. Mary J Blige)
12. Silent Night
13. Auld Lang Syne