It’s one of the most anticipated film releases of the year, but the buzz surrounding Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming remake of ‘The Great Gatsby’ just got a whole lot louder, with the official unveiling of the contents of the film’s star-studded soundtrack.
With Jay-Z collaborating on the film project (in the executive producer role), was there really any chance that Mrs Z (Beyonce) wouldn’t be appearing?
Yes, Queen B is along for the ride, performing a cover of Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back To Black’ alongside Andre 3000. But so is Jay-Z himself with ‘100$ Bill’, along with appearances by will.i.am, Fergie, Florence & The Machine and Lana Del Rey, who contributes the lead single ‘Young And Beautiful’, which is due for release on April 23.
British songstress Emeli Sandé is also in there (alongside the Bryan Ferry band), so too Bryan Ferry himself, Nero and our own Sia and Gotye.
The album will be released in both standard and deluxe editions, the latter containing three extra tracks.
‘The Great Gatsby’ soundtrack is set to hit retail in Australia on Friday May 10, with the movie opening nationally on Thursday May 30.
01. 100$ Bill – JAY Z
02. Back To Black – Beyoncé x André 3000
03. Bang Bang – will.i.am
04. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie + Q Tip + GoonRock
05. Young And Beautiful – Lana Del Rey
06. Love Is The Drug – Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
07. Over The Love – Florence + The Machine
08. Where The Wind Blows – Coco O. of Quadron
09. Crazy in Love – Emeli Sandé and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
10. Together – The xx
11. Hearts A Mess – Gotye
12. Love Is Blindness – Jack White
13. Into the Past – Nero
14. Kill and Run – Sia