Some of Australia’s most celebrated performers have teamed up for a spectacular new compilation album that celebrates and embraced the gorgeous French language.
The likes of Megan Washington, Kate Miller-Heidke, Gossling, Oh Mercy’s Alexander Gow, Lisa Mitchell, Jinja Safari and Katie Noonan have all contributed tracks to ‘Mélodie Française’ – a 14 track collection of fabulous French tunes given a unique Australian twist.
Each of the artists featured worked with French tutors in order to get the language, their accents and diction just right, while indulging in French culture.
The lead single from the album is Deep Sea Arcade ftg. Megan Washington’s take on Serge Gainsbourg’s 1967 classic ‘Bonnie And Clyde’, which was serviced to media today and is available digitally now.
‘Mélodie Française’ will be released on Friday August 16.
01. Gossling & Oh Mercy – La minute de silence
02. The Jezabels – Morgane de toi
03. Thelma Plum – La Vie en rose
04. Dappled Cities – Sexy Boy
05. Kate Miller-Heidke – Il n’y a pas d’amour heureux
06. Husky – Le Berger
07. Deep Sea Arcade ftg. Megan Washington – Bonnie and Clyde
08. Lisa Mitchell – Bang Bang
09. Big Scary – Je t’aime… moi non plus
10. Jinja Safari ftg. Okenyo – Le temps de l’amour
11. Elixir ftg. Katie Noonan – Les feuilles mortes
12. Edward Deer – Belles! Belles! Belles!
13. SoKo & The Walking Who – Mini, mini, mini
14. Vance Joy – La Mer