Mariah Carey’s fans have waited an extraordinarily long time for the release of her new album, but the songstress has confirmed to her ‘Lambily’ this afternoon that it has a (new) name, cover images (standard above and deluxe below) and a release date… and that release date is mere weeks away.
Originally to be called ‘The Art of Letting Go’, the singer’s 14th studio album is simply titled ‘Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse’.
While there’s been no confirmation from the team at Universal Music here in Australia as yet, the album will drop in the States on Tuesday May 27 in both standard and deluxe editions; the latter featuring 18 tracks, including collaborations with Fabolous, Mary J Blige, Nas, R Kelly, Wale and that ‘#Beautiful’ duet with Miguel.
The deluxe edition contains three more songs than the standard, including the track that was due to name the album originally, ‘The Art Of Letting Go’.
03. Dedicated (ftg. Nas)
04. #Beautiful (ftg. Miguel)
06. Make It Look Good
07. You’re Mine (Eternal)
08. You Don’t Know What To Do (ftg. Wale)
12. Money ($*/…) (ftg. Fabolous)
13. One More Try
14. Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can’t Give Up Now)
15. It’s A Wrpp (ftg. Mary J Blige) * Deluxe Edition
16. Betcha Gon’ Know (ftg. R Kelly) * Deluxe Edition
17. The Art Of Letting Go * Deluxe Edition
18. Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse
As mentioned, no confirmed release date for Australia at this stage, but we’re expecting it to drop on Friday May 23.