Yes indeed. Sundays are a perfect time for us to roll out our Get To Know segment. They give you the chance to relax and unwind with a decent cuppa or perhaps a glass of your favourite fizz and get to know a range of Australia’s (and the globe’s) most exciting new talent.
Today, it’s all about Melbourne duo Empire Live.
01. Band name : EMPiRE LIVE
02. Where are you based? Melbourne.
03. How did you choose your band name? We wanted to create an identity that became bigger than just our music. We wanted a concept that covered how we felt about life and something people could feel a part of when they connected with our music and our live shows.
04. Who are your members? Katherine Tanner – Vocals & Production, Nic Noble – DJ, Percussion & Production and in the studio we work with Robert Upward – Guitar & Production
05. How was the band formed? Katherine and Nic met at an audition for a house band in Melbourne. Over a short period of time we evolved into our own group and later on we started working with Rob in the studio.
06. Tell us a little bit about your sound. We are creating a blend of soulful vocals and real instrumentation over dance beats.
07. Who have been your musical influences? Eurythmics, Sneaky Sound System, Whitney Houston, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Gorgon City, Duke Dumont, Nile Rogers, Quincy Jones. The list goes on..
08. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? Nic : ‘Time After Time’ by Cyndi Lauper, ‘Sweet Dreams’ by Eurythmics. Katherine : That’s such a hard question.. too many… ‘You’ve Got The Love by The Source feat Candi Station, Whitney Houston ‘I Have Nothing’. Rob : ‘Blue Monday’ by New Order, George Harrison’s ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’.
09. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Memories’ is a beautiful blend of soulful vocals and house beats creating a true summer party vibe. It’s a real feel good track about letting go and living in the moment, breaking free and enjoying who you are and where you are! It’s a true celebration!
10. What do your future plans involve? Writing, touring the globe and connecting with audiences all around the world. We love what we do! Performing live and in the studio. Each live show we do is a party with lots of energy and creating that space allows for everyone to break free, live in the moment and make memories that will last a lifetime. We want to inspire.
11. Where can our audience catch you live? We are performing all over Melbourne at the moment, lots of club and corporate gigs. You can check us on Facebook to get live dates.
WEBSITE : http://www.empirelive.tv/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/EmpireLiveMusic
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/empire_live
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/empirelive
INSTAGRAM : https://instagram.com/empirelive/