• Ministry Of Sound has released their latest compilation album. ‘Trance Anthems’ dropped at retailers across the country yesterday and comprises three discs of some of the biggest trance stormers from the past decade and a half. Darude’s classic ‘Sandstorm’ is there, as well as Brainbug’s ‘Nightmare’, Sash’s ‘Encore Une Fois’ and Fragma’s ‘Toca’s Miracle’. There’s ATB’s ‘9pm (Til I Come)’, the Faithless classic ‘Insomnia’, Grace’s ‘Not Over Yet’ and much more.
• Pentatonix member Kevin ‘K.O.’ Olusola will release a solo EP early next month. Entitled ‘The Renegade’ EP, it comprises renditions of Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’, Demi Lovato’s ‘Heart Attack’ and John Legend’s ‘All Of Me’, along with the original title track and previous fan (and live) favourite ‘Julie – O’. It’s out March 06.
• British singer songwriter Paul Weller is back with a brand new album, his first with new label Parlophone. A new song called ‘Winter Sky’ is available as a grat track when you pre-order the album prior to its May 08 release.
• ABC recording artist Kathryn Rollins will release a new EP at the end of the month. Her label tells us the ‘Slow Traction’ EP will contain “strong emotions, syncopated beats and sultry vocals”. A few of our favourite things, then. It’s due at your favourite retailer on Friday Feb 27.
• If you’ve been keeping your eyes peeled on our always-updating New Release Schedule, you’ll no doubt have seen during the week that Faith No More will release their new album in May. ‘Sol Invictus’ is the band’s first release in 18 long years, so excitement is high ahead of its May 15 release.
• Groovin’ The Moo organisers are celebrating their first sell-out of the year, with confirmation that tickets to the May 02 gig at the Bendigo Showgrounds in Victoria are now gone. “Thanks Bendigo! We love being in your part of Australia and we’re really looking forward to this year’s line up playing to another sold out audience,” said Cattleyard Promotions’ Stephen Halpin.
• Speaking of Groovin’ The Moo, hip hop supremo A$AP Ferg will play headline shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth while he’s in the country as part of the ‘Moo’ lineup. He’s set to play The HiFi in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, with a show at Villa in Perth on April 28 placed slap bang in the middle. Tickets are on sale at midday on Tuesday.
• South African three piece Die Antwoord have announced headline shows too. They’re in the country for the Future Music Festival and have confirmed they’ll be on stage at the Trak Live Lounge Bar in Melbourne on March 04 and Sydney’s Metro Theatre on March 05. Tickets are also on sale from midday on Tuesday.
• US outfit America, who’ll be touring in May, have added a second Sydney show to proceedings. They’ll be delivering their catalogue of hits from throughout their 45 year career, including ‘You Can Do Magic’, ‘Sister Golden Hair’ and their breakout smash ‘A Horse With No Name’ for audiences at the State Theatre on May 15. Tickets are on sale Monday from 10am.
• Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars are still flying the flag over on top of the US singles chart this week. ‘Uptown Funk’ continues to dominate over Ed Sheeran and Hozier, who are steady in positions two and three respectively. Maroon 5 and Taylor Swift swap places and bullets into the top ten for Rihanna/Kanye/Paul’s ‘FourFiveSeconds’ and Ellie Goulding’s ‘Love Me Like You Do’ (Nos.6 and 9).
• And still there’s no shaking Taylor Swift off the top spot on the Billboard 200 albums chart. Though she was under a challenge this week from the latest edition of the ‘Now’ compilation series. Fifth Harmony’s debut album ‘Reflection’ debuted at No.5, Bob Dylan’s ‘Shadows In The Night’ is new at No.7 and Diana Krall makes the top ten, with her new release ‘Wallflower’ (No.10).
• Still hungry for more chart news? We know you can’t do without your dose of Chart Watch on a Saturday night, so we’ll be here at 6pm AEDT to give you a rundown on what’s happening on the Aussie top 100s.
Monday February 16 : America (Sydney)
Tuesday February 17 : A$AP Ferg (Nationally)
Tuesday February 17 : Die Antwoord (Sydney, Melbourne)
Wednesday February 18 : Chick Corea & Herbie Hancock (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)