• The amazing Flume has decided to put his talents to amazing use; remixing the latest single for man of the moment Sam Smith. In a little over three days, his ‘Lay Me Down’ remix has notched up more than 1.3 million streams and further confirmed him as the superstar he is. Check it out HERE.
• We brought you a little news piece about ‘Nobody Love’, the breakout single for US singer Tori Kelly. Now EMI confirms they’re onto a big thing, with the entire Nova network on board and a confirmation that Tori will be in Australia for a whirlwind promotional visit that will include a showcase performance for select media from May 05 – 07.
• Tame Impala have confirmed that the name of their forthcoming album is… ‘Currents’. Their label Universal haven’t given the game away yet as to when we might see the new LP at retail, but it’s believed to be in the middle of the year.
• With Tinie Tempah already confirmed to take his place as support for The Script on their forthcoming Aussie tour dates, Frontier Touring has this week confirmed that US singer Colton Avery will also perform on the five Aussie dates, which kick off a Perth Arena show on Friday April 24.
• There’s been a change of venue for Demi Lovato’s forthcoming show in Perth. Live Nation says the shift in venue from the 4500 seat HBF Stadium to the 2300 seat Crown Theatre is due to “unforseen production requirements”, but we reckon that’s probably just code for “underwhelming ticket sales”. Ticketmaster will be in touch with all ticketholders and the date remains the same.
• The search for Australia’s hottest DJ is back for another exciting year; ‘Your Shot’ organisers will trawl through thousands of acts from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in the hope of finding “the one” who they can put their significant weight behind. Think you have what it takes to become the next big thing? Then click HERE to have your shot.
• The AFL season may only just be getting underway, but already rockers Kiss have been confirmed as the headline act for this year’s AFL Footy Show Grand Final on Thursday October 01. The band’s Aussie tour commitments kick off two nights later with a Perth Arena show.
• It might sound a little like deja vu every Saturday morning of late, but if you can believe it, Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars are STILL No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart with ‘Uptown Funk’. That’s a truly extraordinary 14 weeks on the trot for the admittedly catchy earworm, but they’re holding everyone else out of the top spot… but for how much longer? Wiz Khalifa’s new single ‘See You Again’ is in a mammoth hurry, bulleting from No.84 to No.10.
• Wale claims the No.1 Stateside albums chart position this week, debuting there with his new long player ‘The Album About Nothing’. The ‘Furious 7′ soundtrack moves on up to No.2, while there’s another debut at No.3 for Ludacris’ new album ‘Ludaversal’. Further top ten debuts come courtesy of Darius Rucker, Death Cab For Cutie and Sufjan Stevens (Nos.7, 8 and 10 respectively).
• And it doesn’t matter where we are or what we’re doing… we always take a little time out of our Saturday to put finger to keyboard to get a little Chart Watch together. It’s back tonight from 6pm AEST. Yes, back to standard 6pm now that daylight savings has ended.
TUESDAY APRIL 14 : Blood, Sweat And Tears (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY APRIL 15 : Fleetwood Mac (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide)
THURSDAY APRIL 16 : The Church (Nationally)
THURSDAY APRIL 16 : Conrad Sewell (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY APRIL 17 : TV On The Radio (Melbourne, Brisbane)