• Warner Music Australia has confirmed the upcoming local release of the new Adam Lambert album ‘The Original High’. The singer’s first LP release on his new label, it was recorded in both Stockholm and Los Angeles, with Max Martin and Shellback serving in the executive producer roles. It’s out locally on Friday June 12.
• Great news late this week for Timmy Trumpet and Savage, with Ministry Of Sound confirming that their smash single ‘Freaks’ has broken through the five times platinum barrier. In doing so, it’s become the highest selling single in the history of Ministry Of Sound’s local operations. Amazing.
• Former Van She frontman Nicki Night Time’s remixing services are clearly in hot demand. He’s officially lent his talents to the latest Iggy Azalea/Jennifer Hudson single ‘Trouble’. Give it a little listen HERE.
• Plenty of Splendour In The Grass sideshows were announced yesterday. Of Monsters and Men, Porter Robinson, Purity Ring and Best Coast among the bands confirming headline shows in Sydney and Melbourne during their visits.
• The team from PPCA have confirmed that gorgeous Aussie starlet Megan Washington has joined their board as an artist representative. “I am honoured to serve on the board of PPCA, a company which plays a vital role for recording rights holders and Australian artists,” the singer said in a statement. “I look forward to working together with the PPCA board and management team to ensure that we continue to create an environment in Australia, where artists and rights holders get fair value for the use of their music.”
• Ben Lee will perform material from his upcoming studio album ‘Love Is The Great Rebellion’, along with a selection of his classic songs at a trio of East Coast live shows in June. He’s playing Brisbane’s Black Bear Lodge on June 05, Sydney’s Newtown Social Club on June 06 and Melbourne’s Northcote Social Club on June 07. General public tickets are available from 10am local time on Wednesday.
• Fans of John Lennon will soon be able to get their hands on remastered vinyl editions of his eight studio solo albums as part of a 9LP boxset. To be released on June 05, the albums are almost all out of print on vinyl across the world, but the ‘Lennon’ boxset will bring them all together for the very first time. The individual LPs will then be released on Friday August 21.
• Given how mammoth the song’s become across the planet, there was no way Wiz Khalifa’s new single ‘See You Again’ was going to be relinquishing its No.1 heading on this week’s Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars hold at two, with The Weeknd’s sultry ‘Earned It’ moving up from No.6 to No.3. Natalie La Rose hits the top ten with ‘Somebody’, while the new Tove Lo single hits the top 20.
• It’s a big No.1 debut for Canadian star Shawn Mendes and his album ‘Handwritten’ atop this week’s US albums chart. The teen heartthrob knocks the ‘Furious 7’ soundtrack down to number two ahead of a trio of debuts from Reba McEntire, Tyler The Creator and Halestorm.
• And we’ll be back again, regular as clockwork, with our weekly Chart Watch tonight from 6pm AEST. Find out who debuted where on the ARIA top 100s, as well as discovering the new accreditations and more.
MONDAY APRIL 27 : Best Coast (Sydney, Melbourne)
MONDAY APRIL 27 : The Kite String Tangle x Dustin Tebbutt (East Coast)
WEDNESDAY APRIL 29 : Ben Lee (East Coast)
WEDNESDAY APRIL 29 : Porter Robinson (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY APRIL 29 : The Vaccines (Sydney, Melbourne)
THURSDAY APRIL 30 : Above & Beyond (Sydney)
THURSDAY APRIL 30 : Of Monsters And Men (Sydney, Melbourne)