Melbourne duo Hopium have impressed us greatly with their singles ‘Cut’ and ‘Right Now’, so we decided to throw out eleven questions in their direction in the hope of getting to know them a little more. Suffice to say, we may need to delve a little deeper in the future.
It’s the briefest edition yet of… Get To Know.
01. Band name : Hopium.
02. Where are you based? Melbourne.
03. How did you choose your band name? Divine inspiration. We’re on a mission from God.
04. Who are your members? Let me answer your question with a question. Does it matter?
05. How was the band formed? Can I say musical incest? Is that offensive?
06. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? That’s the great thing about Hopium, it never changes, it’s always there for you. Like Oprah.
07. Tell us a little bit about your sound. Our sound develops every time we get new gear. Who knows where we’ll end up, but we’ll definitely have a lot of gear.
08. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? (no answer to this question)
09. Tell us about your latest release. We just put out ‘Right Now’. It’s different to what we’ve released so far, but the reaction has been awesome. Some people don’t get it but we’re cool with that.
10. What do your future plans involve? More songs, playing live, more gear and some good Chinese food.
11. Where can our audience catch you live? A venue near you.