Some of Australia’s most recognisable musicians have come together to add their collective weight to the marriage equality cause, via the release of a new album entitled ‘Say Yes To Love’.
The roll call of stars appearing on the compilation album includes Jimmy Barnes, the John Butler Trio, Katie Noonan’s Vanguard, Josh Pyke, The Cat Empire, Darren Percival and former ‘Australian Idol’ winner Wes Carr.
Some of the tracks included (#) mark their first ever release on this project, while three of them (*) were recorded specifically for it. All tracks have been donated by the artists themselves, with all proceeds from the sale of the LP going towards the Australian Marriage Equality campaign.
And it seems the issue of marriage equality fires up intense passion for those lending their voices to the project.
“This is about basic human rights. No one has the right to tell someone who they can love, or how they can express their love,” says rock icon Jimmy Barnes. “Love is about caring for, and sharing your life with the one you love, and if the act of marriage helps to make that connection stronger in the eyes of the people sharing that life or in the eyes of the law then they should be encouraged, it should not be made more difficult. It is very hard to find love in this world and we don’t all feel the same way about what love is but it is the most important thing that I have in my life and I support people who want to share their lives together any way they want to do it.”
Further volumes in the series are set for release soon and if you or someone you know may be interested in contributing a song, head to www.sayyestolove.net.au for more information.
The album is released via iTunes this Friday.
01. Josh Pyke – Make You Happy
02. The Basics – What Do You See In Me? (Alternate mix)
03. John Butler Trio – Losing You
04. All Our Exes Live In Texas – Our Love Won’t Die
05. Katie Noonan’s Vanguard – Peace Is My Drug
06. C Major and Veneno – Por Tu Amor (acoustic version) *
07. The Cat Empire – Still Young
08. Joe Camilleri – A Fool And The Moon
09. Jimmy Barnes – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
10. Darren Percival – Lovelife
11. Playwrite – Whittaker
12. Wes Carr – People Of Peace
13. L-FRESH THE LION feat. Mirrah – The World Is Ours
14. Woodes x Elkkle – Muddy
15. Khanz – Deerhunter *
16. Michael McGlynn – Diamond #
17. Hannah Robinson – Realistically #
18. Holden Brothers Travelling Circus feat. Dallas Holden & Katie Holden – Flying
19. The Blackbird Collective – No Other Plan *
20. Bronte – My Word
21. Fiona Joy – Grace (Chill Version) #