Just one listen to their debut single ‘Free People’ and it’s easy to hear why LA duo Paint The Muse have got a number of people in the industry excited.
So we’re sending some down under pop love across the Pacific with our latest ‘Get To Know’ segment and in return, they’re answering the questions, even sending a little bit of pop love to one of our own Aussie acts.
01. Band name : Paint The Muse.
02. Where are you based? Los Angeles.
03. How did you choose your band name? From the bridge lyrics to our debut single – “Free love to whoever you want, be the change or be the cause. Free to be whoever you choose, be the painter, be the muse”.
04. Who are your members? Elizabeth Russo (female) & Ash Wintergrass (male).
05. How was the band formed? We started writing and recording songs for fun. The feedback we received from people we played it for was really positive, so we kept going and here we are today releasing our first single “Free People” as Paint The Muse.
06. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? With all of the positive reactions, we’ve been back in the studio recording for another single and potentially an EP.
07. Tell us a little bit about your sound. Electro pop with a throwback flare.
08. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? We’re currently digging Tame Impala’s new album ‘Currents’ and Robert DeLong’s single ‘Long Way Down’.
09. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Free People’. We wanted to create a song inspired by the summer that wanted to make people move and dance.
10. What do your future plans involve? Making great music that means something to us, and hopefully to the people that we reach.
11. Where can our audience catch you live? We want to write more songs so that we can go out and perform, so right now we’re working in the studio to add more to our repertoire.