Soul diva and ‘The Voice’ favourite Ms Murphy will release her debut album ‘Dirty Soul’ next month.
Since appearing on the hit Channel 9 juggernaut two years ago, the singer has continued to go from strength to strength, releasing her debut EP ‘White Dress And The Spirit’ last year to critical acclaim and beguiling live audiences with her sublime smoky vocals.
Now we’re about to get our hands on a full-length release, with ‘Dirty Soul’ due at the end of August.
It’s a straight-out covers set, comprising Ms Murphy’s take on classics such as Percy Sledge’s ‘When A Man Love A Woman’, The Velvelettes’ ‘Needle In A Haystack’, The Rolling Stones’ ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’ and cover of Paul Kelly songs ‘Sure Got Me’ and ‘Rising Moon’.
Check the video below for a taste of what to expect.
In addition to the album, which is to be released on Friday August 28, Ms Murphy will present ‘The Dirty Soul Revue’, a quartet of live appearances in October.
Catch her on October 08 at The Basement and from October 20-23 at Chapel Off Chapel in Melbourne.
01. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones)
02. Shake (Sam Cooke)
03. Ninety Nine And A Half Won’t Do (The Wright Specials)
04. It’s Your Thing (The Isley Brothers)
05. Rising Moon (Paul Kelly)
06. When A Man Loves A Woman (Percy Sledge)
07. Heat Wave (Martha Reeves & The Vandellas)
08. Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones)
09. Express Yourself (Charles Wright)
10. Sure Got Me (Paul Kelly)
11. Needle In A Haystack (The Velvelettes)
12. I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth)