Sophie Lowe has already caught the ears of the powers that be at Triple J with her latest single ‘Understand’ and clearly counts Meg Mac as one of her many fans, given the songstress was chosen as the support act on Meg’s recent national tour.
But just who is Sophie Lowe? We rolled out the questions in an effort to Get To Know her a little better.
01. Name : Sophie Lowe.
02. Where are you based? Sydney, Australia.
03. How did you get your start in music? I first started writing songs after I got my first Mac book when I was 14. I found garage band and started playing around with sounds!
04. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My sound is really just expressions of how I’m feeling at that time. I feel like my sound is involving a lot while I continue to grown and change physically and emotionally.
05. Who have been your musical influences? Its really all over the place. Feist. FKA twigs. Drake. Fiona Apple. Wet. Beyonce. Massive Attack. It really depends on what I need to connect to at the time.
06. What are your favourite songs of all time? OMG… too hard.. I’ve been sitting here for 30 mins.. I cant pick.
07. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Everything happens for a reason.
08. Tell us about your latest release. My new release is called ‘Understand’. It is about being frustrated. When I wrote ‘Understand’ I was going through a time in my life where I felt like I wasn’t being heard or taken seriously. I wanted to capture that feeling of when everything bubbles up and you just have to let it all out.
09. What do your future plans involve? I have more songs to release and a new EP that I cant wait to share! I am joining MEG MAC in Melbourne to play some shows at The Corner. It will be my first time playing in Melbourne! Very excited.
10. Where can our audience catch you live? In Sydney at The Newtown Social Club on October 4th.