Young Brisbane producer Max Byrne is a star on the rise, notching up the Soundcloud spins and picking up an ever-increasing number of industry accolades.
Now he’s teamed up with fellow Brisbane talent Allthingslost (aka Abraham Tilbury) for a sparkly new single called ‘Can’t Say’.
Of the track, Golden Vessel says, “This song was inspired by a conversation Abe and I had about our love for cinema, the films ‘Drive’ and ‘Interstellar’ in particular. We took influence from the themes, the concepts and the incredibly strong soundtracks behind these movies”.
Fresh new talent, fresh new single, so what better time to ‘Get To Know’ Golden Vessel.
01. Name : Max aka Golden Vessel.
02. Where are you based? Out in Brisbane, Southside.
03. How did you get your start in music? I formed a synthpop band (kind of a cross between Miike Snow and Miami Horror), but that didn’t really work out, so I started making music in my bedroom three years ago and just worked hard at it since.
04. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. When I first started, I was making piano funk haha, but after widening my musical tastes, I started listening to guys like Caribou and Toro y Moi and James Blake and these guys really gave me a push into that scene.
05. Who have been your musical influences? Those guys for sure, but I think more recently, I’ve really been taking influence from music that isn’t in the same realm as mine. Been listening to a lot of Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Arcade Fire and have been taking influence from their sound design and experimentation.
06. What are your favourite songs of all time? They’re constantly changing, but two songs I constantly go back to are Foals – ‘Spanish Sahara’ and Spooky Black – ‘Without U’.
07. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. Haha back in high school, I entered the talent show and played some funky jams on my synth and a looper and won.
08. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Caleb Hodges from Art of Sleeping advised me early on to not put out an EP until the time is right and to be patient, as people don’t want to spend 20 minutes listening to someone who they don’t know. Because of that, I’ve been building my project with singles and a lot of good opportunities have come from that.
09. Tell us about your latest release. It’s a track called ‘Can’t Stay’ featuring my mate and co-performer Allthingslost. We were practicing for a show and we had an hour and a half before he had to head home. So we decided to try and write a song and practice it for the gig, and what we came out turned out surprisingly well, so we finished it off and released it.
10. What do your future plans involve? I’ll be getting Allthingslost on stage for a lot more gigs next year and we’re working at performing a full set together, along with adding some custom-made instruments, so I’m really looking forward to that. I’ll also be putting out an EP next year.
11. Where can our audience catch you live? I usually play every so often in Brisbane, but nothing is set in stone for the next few months as I’ll be reworking the live set.
WEBSITE : https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/golden-vessel
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/goldenvesselau/?fref=ts
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/goldenvesselau
INSTAGRAM : https://instagram.com/goldenvessel/
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/golden-vessel