You might not have heard about LA-based three piece Hundred Handed yet, but the team from Universal Music Australia are going to be doing everything within their power to ensure you do.
They have one single under their belts, an EP on the way and come early 2016, they’re hopping on a plane to come and see us.
But just who are Hundred Handed? Here, we Get To Know them…
01. Band name : Hundred Handed.
02. Where are you based? Los Angeles, California.
03. How did you choose your band name? The Hundred Handed are characters from Greek mythology. They were said to have crazy strength and unwavering drive and at one point even helped to over throw the Titans.
04. Who are your members? Jordan McGraw – Vocals, Guitar, Piano. Drew Langan – Drums. Matt Black – Bass.
05. How was the band formed? Jordan and Drew have been in a few bands together leading up to Hundred Handed and, after seeing each one kind of take turns away from where their musical hearts wanted to go, they decided to make a break for it and do exactly what inspired them. Matt Black was working for their old band and the three were all but inseparable while on the road… turns out he kills it on the bass too! So it was an easy decision to get together and start this band.
06. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? When we started this band we decided that we would approach it with the thrill and fun of being in our first bands but with the experience and knowledge we’ve gained from being on the road and making music through the years since. So… to answer your question: not much has changed. We’re having a blast and playing what we want to play and making sure the people watching us have even more fun than we do!
07. Tell us a little bit about your sound. Our sound comes from a combination of our different, seemingly incompatible influences. Everything from John Mayer to Slipknot, Tina Turner to Daft Punk, and Blink-182 to Wu-Tang. For us, it’s more about being genuine and having fun. You can’t have too much fun in our opinion.
08. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? Oh man… How much time do you have?! That’s an impossible question. Right now we keep our Pandora on the “Low Rider Oldies” station. You can’t go wrong. Give it a shot!
09. Tell us about your latest release. We just released ‘Love Me Like The Weekend’ which is the first song we wrote and recorded as a band. It’s about never losing the thrill of being irresponsible every now and then. It’s about sneaking out on a week night like you did when you were in high school and getting into some trouble… Staying out too late… Treating every day like it’s the weekend.
10. What do your future plans involve? Spreading irresponsibility worldwide.
11. Where can our audience catch you live? We’ll be making our way to Australia right at the top of the year! We just signed with Universal Australia out there and have been eating as many Violet Crumbles as possible to get ready!