Former ‘The Voice’ starlet Sarah Lloyde has been busy over the past couple of years, what with performances, releasing her single ‘Luv Fool’ and picking up the award for Best Adult Singer at the Ipop Awards in Los Angeles.
Armed with her new single ‘Manipulator’, we thought it was high time to Get To Know Sarah a little more.
01. Name : Sarah Lloyde.
02. Where are you based? Adelaide, SA.
03. How did you get your start in music? I’ve been performing since before I can remember! I was writing music all the way through school and when I left I went straight into bands and TV shows to try and get noticed. Thanks to ‘The Voice’, I was able to build my profile and have now started to release my art into the world. It’s a magical feeling!
04. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I have quite eclectic tastes. I grew up listening to a mixture of my mums pop and rock CDs and my dads favourite country music artists. I believe this is where my sound came from! I also just adore anything form the 1950s-’60s, so I feel like my music is a great representation of all these fantastic genres moulded into one.
05. Who have been your musical influences? Etta James! First and for most! My all time favourite song is ‘At Last’. It just absolutely stands the test of time! Also INXS, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Christina Aguilera, AC/DC, Whitney Houston.
06. What are your favourite songs of all time? Past generations; ‘At Last’ – Etta James. Now; ‘Thinking Out Loud’ Ed Sheeran.
07. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I’m obsessed with mermaids! Always have been, always will be. I’m just totally swept up in their beauty and the fantasy of a life underwater! ?
08. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? To do what you want. I’ve had much experience in my career of “people who know better” telling me what to release, when to release it, to wait for the right time and how to dress. And all it made me was sad and anxious! Last year during my time in the US, I was so inspired by their belief in music and what it can do for the soul if you just trust it! This year is all about trusting my art and finally getting it all out there, making it happen and I’m just so excited!
09. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Manipulator’ is for anyone who has ever been played and taken advantage of! When you finally realise their game, break free from their grip and rise above! It’s personally, such a great feeling to know how much traction this song is making as I know a few people that will listen to it and just know that it’s about them!
10. What do your future plans involve? More releases! I’m so excited to share more of my beloved songs with the world. I’m also off to the U.S. again later this year to meet with more fantastic people within the American music industry. Collabs and acting gigs are just the start!
11. Where can our audience catch you live? Every second Wednesday, 8:30pm at The Royal Oak North Adelaide. Keep a look out for the next single launch also… It won’t be too far around the corner.
WEBSITE : www.sarahlloyde.com
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/sarah.lloyde/
TWITTER : https://www.twitter.com/sarahlloyde
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/sarahlloyde/
SOUNDCLOUD : https://www.soundcloud.com/sarahlloyde-1