West Australian artist Nat Pearson recently unveiled her latest single, the super-sweet pop/country track ‘Chance At Love’.
What better time to ask her our newly refreshed series of questions as part of our ‘Get To Know’ feature series?
01. Name : Nat Pearson.
02. Where are you based? I’m based in Perth, Western Australia.
03. How did you get your start in music? I have been singing for as long as I can remember, always performing at every opportunity. Once I hit 18, I made it my mission to get into the band scene, which I have been ever since, and I think those years really grew me as a performer and vocalist.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Fun, Bubbly, Relatable, Hard-Working, Driven.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My sound has made a few progressions recently. I started doing more of a pop-rock sound, and then a pop-dance sound, but a lot of people would hear a country flavour in there regardless, so I guess my voice has always gravitated to that pop-country-rock sound.
I’m embracing it, and it feels very right.
06. Who have been your musical influences? Oh, so many! I have always been a fan of vocal greats, such as Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, and Mariah Carey to name a few. The vocal control and emotion in their delivery has definitely been a huge inspiration. I also really loved Shania Twain and Faith Hill growing up, and when Taylor Swift first released ‘Love Story’, I was hooked! The band scene really grew my love for rock classics too – the Cranberries, Guns N Roses, and Blondie!
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? Oooo, tough call. I think, I’ll have to say ‘All I Wanted’ by Paramore.
08. What was the first album you bought? I think the first one I bought myself, was Hanson ‘Middle Of Nowhere’, but secretly I was a massive Spice Girls fan in the Hanson versus Spice Girls war of ’97!
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I have a shoe addiction… like, really bad. I just love shoes!!! But that’s not really a secret haha.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I have no idea, there’s nothing I love as much as music.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Dreams don’t work, unless you do!
12. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Chance At Love’ is a catchy pop-country track about new love and the butterflies of what could be. It was written by my good friend, and band-mate Mike Nayar. He played it for me, and I instantly loved it. We brought it to life with LA Producer Anthony Cormican, and it’s now available on iTunes and all other online stores. There’s a music video on the way too!
13. What do your future plans involve? This year I’m really focusing on more shows, some travel, and definitely more songs on the way!
14. Where can our audience catch you live? I have a couple of Perth shows coming up; March 22 from 7pm at the Laneway Lounge, April 09 supporting Jason Ayers at the Ellington, April 26 at the Opal Bar and Lounge and August 22 at The Ellington for North Street Song Lounge. I also play covers around town a few times a week, you can find out where on my website. If you can’t get to a live show, I post videos on my Youtube channel : NatPearsonMusic.