• Jason Singh’s new single ‘If It’s A Dream’ is one of a slew of new singles doing the rounds at local media this week. The track is the third to be released as part of the year-long ‘Jason Singh Project’ during which the singer plans to release six new songs.
• Plenty more pop for you to request at your local radio station this week too, including new singles from Fifth Harmony, Kelly Clarkson, KLP, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, All Saints, Halsey, Shawn Hook, Chase & Status and a re-service of the latest Masketta Fall single ‘Love Me Like That’. Check out our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon for our regular weekly more comprehensive list.
• Anastacia had a great big hit here in Australia with her breakout smash ‘I’m Outta Love’ way back in February 2000. Fast forward 16 years and the track’s had a little lick of paint, thanks to Italian producer Big Fish. There are still plenty of delicious ’90s retro flourishes to get your chops around, but it still feels pretty fresh. Check it out HERE.
• k.d. Lang, Neko Case and Laura Veirs are teaming up to release a new collaborative album entitled ‘case/lang/veirs’. The project, which happened at the suggestion of k.d., features 14 new songs all co-penned by the singers over two and a half years. We’re promised “stunning harmonies and spellbinding rhythms” from the LP, which is due to land at retail on Friday June 17.
• Irish singer songwriter Foy Vance will release his new album ‘The Wild Swan’ in the middle of May. The LP, the singer’s first on Ed Sheeran’s Gingerbread Man Records, was executive produced by Sir Elton John, who said of Foy, “he is an extraordinary writer and singer”. Comprising a dozen tracks, the album will drop on Friday May 13.
• Country star Lee Kernaghan has announced a selection of live shows across the country throughout April and May. The ‘Songs & The Stories In Concert’ tour will see the singer performing music from his No.1 album ‘Spirit Of The ANZACs’ to audiences throughout New South Wales, Victoria and, though it’s Mount Gambier only, a little side-trip to South Australia. Tickets for the 12 date April 21 – May 29 tour are on sale now.
THURSDAY MARCH 03 : Ellie Goulding (Nationally)
FRIDAY MARCH 04 : Bag Raiders (Nationally)
FRIDAY MARCH 04 : Violent Soho (Nationally)
MONDAY MARCH 07 : Patrizio Buanne (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
TUESDAY MARCH 08 : Patrizio Buanne (Perth)
TUESDAY MARCH 08 : Northlane & In Hearts Wake (Nationally)