• Joe Jonas’ latest outfit DNCE is slowly but surely starting to make an impact with their breakout single ‘Cake By The Ocean’. The single, released back in September last year, has enjoyed a bit of a renaissance since its use in the recent ‘Grease : Live’ TV special and has made it into the top ten on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. It peaked at No.68 on the Aussie chart in October last year, but every effort is now being made to replicate its US success here.
• Among the other songs rolling at local media this week are the new Meghan Trainor single ‘No’, which dropped over the weekend, Alessia Cara’s ‘Wild Things’, the aforementioned new Ladyhawke single ‘A Love Song’ and ‘Girls Like’ from Tinie Tempah with Zara Larsson. Keep your eyes peeled on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow for your regular weekly wrap.
• Zayn Malik has lifted the lid on the tracklisting for his forthcoming album ‘Mind Of Mine’. And it’s a bit of an epic, comprising 18 tracks in all in deluxe form, including an intro and an interlude (how very ‘Janet’ of him). The LP drops on Friday March 25.
• The recently-announced M83 tour of Australia’s East Coast is going great guns, with confirmation that the French electronic outfit has already sold out their first show at Melbourne’s Forum Theatre. Organisers have moved quickly to add a second show the following night, with tickets on sale from 11am this morning. The band’s new album ‘Junk’ is due at retail on Friday April 08.
• It’s not just M83’s tour growing, either. Violent Soho have added third shows in Melbourne and Brisbane after their first two in each centre sold out, as well as a second show at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre. Tickets for the three new dates (Brisbane on May 10, Melbourne on May 16 and Sydney on May 26) went on sale yesterday morning.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 09 : M83 (Melbourne)
FRIDAY MARCH 11 : Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Nationally)
MONDAY MARCH 14 : Leo Sayer & Lulu (Sydney, Brisbane, Perth)
TUESDAY MARCH 15 : Leo Sayer & Lulu (Melbourne, Adelaide)