This, ladies and gentlemen, is Glasshouse.
Fresh from the Queensland capital, the duo has just released their first ever original single, the dreamy electro-pop goodness that is ‘Back To You’ (listen below).
They say the track is “about that moment you realize one person in your life has become the focal point of everything you do. The dreamlike pre-chorus and bridge attempts to emulate deep and obsessive thought, the kind that almost completely drains you, leaving only desire.”
It’s all rather lovely. And we think you’ll agree.
To celebrate its release just two days ago, we decided to roll out the questions to the boys in our latest Get To Know feature.
01. Band name : Glasshouse.
02. Where are you based? Brisbane.
03. How did you choose your band name? We wanted something clean that reflected our sound.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as a band. Duo. Strings. Food. Laidback. Sax.
05. What’s your biggest claim to fame so far? We’re only just starting out, so I’d say it was that one time some guy on twitter with over 100 followers tweeted about us.
06. Who are your members? Dom Buckland & Corey Brown.
07. How was the band formed? We’ve been mates for a few years now, playing in other casual projects together, and we always clicked when we jammed. We thought it was high time to start making some music of our own, and started getting together and laying down jams.
08. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? It’s only been a really short time, but we’ve basically clarified our vision and have more direction. We’ve also defined the electronic aspect to our sound.
09. Tell us a little bit about your sound. We make smooth, soulful, guitar-infused electronica… pretty loungey and dreamy.
10. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? Dom : John Mayer – ‘St. Patrick’s Day’, Frank Ocean – ‘Super Rich Kids’. Corey : Misery Signals – ‘Reset/Homecoming’, John Butler Trio – ‘What You Want’.
11. What’s your strangest experience as a band? When Corey’s untuned guitar that came off the back of a ute was retrieved perfectly tuned to open D. Milton Road has perfect pitch, folks.
12. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Back To You’ is our first offering of original music, and we couldn’t be more stoked with how it turned out. We feel like we’ve nailed the combo of guitars and electronica, and it’s a good indicator of our sounds to come.
13. What do your future plans involve? Playing lots of shows and collaborating with new up-and-comers.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? Nothing we can announce yet, but keep your eyes peeled for more shows around Brisbane.