• We kick off your midweek edition of The Purge with news that Pentatonix has confirmed that the second single to be lifted from their self-titled album is ‘If I Ever Fall In Love’, which features a guest vocal appearance from R&B superstar Jason Derulo. According to their label Sony, the video for the track is set for release later this month.
• After six months away, honing his craft, 19 year old Melbourne producer Ridvan has delivered his hot new single ‘For You’. Featuring fellow Melburnian Rachel Costanza on vocals, the track is a fresh, echoey electronic nugget that’s finding him plenty of fans online, already getting dizzyingly close to 50,000 streams on his Soundcloud page. Listen HERE.
• Good Charlotte are back, confirming that they’ll release their sixth studio album ‘Youth Authority’ in the middle of July. Helmed by Joel and Benji Madden, who’ll be back in Australia shortly to resume their place on ‘The Voice’ judging panel, the band has enjoyed string of chart successes in Australia, which each of their past four albums charting in our top ten; the last three in the top five. So all signs point to a repeat trip to the upper reaches of the countdown when ‘Youth Authority’ is released on Friday July 15.
• Fancy getting your hands on tickets for the Maitland edition of Groovin The Moo? You’re sadly out of luck, with organisers confirming that it joins the Bendigo edition of the event in selling out. “Thank you Maitland and all the NSW Moo fans who’ve committed to come along for what will be a magic opening event of the GTM tour,” promoter Stephen Halpin from Cattleyard Promotions said in a statement. “We are super excited with the program this year and can’t wait to launch it with you and the Maitland community.” A cavalcade of big names, including Alison Wonderland, Emma Louise, Client Liaison, Ngaiire, Jarryd James, Drapht, Odesza and more will take part in the five events, which kick off in Maitland on April 23.
• As well as their support role on the forthcoming Rüfüs tour, Canadian duo Bob Moses have announced four headline shows as part of their visit. They’ll hit the stage at Jack Rabbit Slim’s in Perth on May 01, Elsewhere on the Gold Coast on May 08, Revolver in Melbourne on May 13 and the Greenwood Hotel in Sydney on May 15. Tickets for all shows are on sale now.
• Joe Bonamassa will tour Australia in September. The blues guitarist has confirmed shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide, with a show at the Perth Concert Hall the first cab off the rank – on Sunday September 25. Tickets for all dates are on sale from 9am local time on Monday April 11.
THURSDAY APRIL 07 : Vengaboys (Nationally)
FRIDAY APRIL 08 : Disturbed (Nationally)
MONDAY APRIL 11 : Joe Bonamassa (Nationally)