1. Band name : Evy & the Gaffer.
2. Where are you based? We’re living in Boulder, Colorado at the moment, but we move a lot.
3. How did you choose your band name? It’s actually just our nicknames put together, so it chose itself.
4. Give us five words to best describe you as a band. Magical * Soulful * Beats * Songwriters * Different
5. What’s your biggest claim to fame so far? This blog.
6. Who are your members? Evy is a singer/songwriter/pianist and The Gaffer is the producer.
7. How was the band formed? We’ve been making music together since high school, and just this year we started to release it to the public.
8. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? We’ve changed a lot naturally over the years, but the biggest difference is probably the way we look at the creative process -we’re definitely a lot more light-hearted about it now.
9. Tell us a little bit about your sound. I (Evy) come from a background in R&B style singing and writing, and The Gaffer has worked in a lot of different styles, so together we have a sort of dark R&B/synthpop sound.
10. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? Evy – ‘St. Patrick’s Day’ by John Mayer. The Gaffer – ‘I Think We’re Alone Now’ by Tommy James & the Shondells.
11. What’s your strangest experience as a band? We were driving on the west coast, and took an exit in the middle of nowhere to get some lunch. We stumbled upon this deserted town with pictures of peaches on every corner. We ate at this giant restaurant where we were the only customers, and half the lights were out or flickering, and everything on the menu was peach flavored. The only two employees just stared at us the whole time. We had peach milkshakes.
12. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Upside Down’ is a song we wrote together this past winter, and it really explores the contrast of our two sides. The verses are dark and reflective, and the choruses throw you into a different key and shows our joyful pop side.
13. What do your future plans involve? We’ve got our first music video coming out this summer!
14. Where can our audience catch you live? Nowhere yet. We’re really dedicating this year to putting out as much music as we can, but live shows will be the next step.
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/evyandthegaffer/
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/EVYandtheGAFFER
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/evyandthegaffer/
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/evy-and-the-gaffer