• We kick off your midweek edition of The Purge with news that US trio Cash Cash will release their debut album ‘Blood, Sweat & 3 Years’ in Australia late next month. The boys’ Aussie success kicked off with their platinum smash ‘Take Me Home’, which featured the vocals of Bebe Rexha and hit the top ten here back in early 2014. Said track features on the album, along with collaborations with B.o.B, Neon Hitch, Dev, Christina Perri, Nelly and Anjulie (to name a few). Look for it at your favourite retailer from Friday June 24.
• Aussie superstar Keith Urban will headline this year’s Deni Ute Muster, to be held on Friday September 30 and Saturday October 01. The singer, who’s set to release his eighth studio album ‘Ripcord’ this Friday, headlines a huge line-up which (thus far) also includes James Reyne, John Williamson, Shannon Noll, Busby Marou, Adam Brand & The Outlaws and Troy Cassar-Daley. More artists are to be announced in the coming months.
• Hot Dub Time Machine has added a second Sydney show to his upcoming national tour. The DJ, who’ll take you on a journey through dance music from the ’50s to today, will now play the Enmore Theatre on Saturday July 30, in addition to his Friday July 01 gig, which sold out in super-quick time.
• In more tour news, Canadian siblings Tegan And Sara sold out their forthcoming Melbourne headline show within 12 hours of tickets going on sale last Friday. We’ve been told that only “precious few” tickets remain for the duo’s Sydney show at the Metro Theatre on July 26. The girls release their new album ‘Love You To Death’ on June 03.
• The Visions Festival will take over inner-city Sydney early next month, delivering a hand-picked selection of top notch talent as part of the Vivid Festival. The likes of Montaigne, Deep Sea Arcade, Kirin J Callinan, Gideon Benson and All The Colours are all confirmed as part of the festivities, which will take place between Fredas and The Lord Gladstone in Chippendale on Saturday June 05. And best of all, entry is FREE! (* But limited to availability on the day).
• James Reyne and Mark Seymour have added three new shows to their upcoming national run of dates; one each in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. As part of the pair’s ‘And The Rest Is History’ tour, they’ll now play a second show at Melbourne’s The Palms At Crown on July 30, a second show at Adelaide’s Governor Hindmarsh on August 27 and a second show at The Triffid in Brisbane on September 17. Tickets for all three newbies are on sale now.
• After captivating audiences last year in his support role on national tours by Elton John and Ed Sheeran, Irish singer songwriter Foy Vance will return to Australia for headline shows in September. The run of dates kicks off at Mojo’s in Fremantle on Saturday September 10, visiting Melbourne’s Corner Hotel (Sep 12) and Sydney’s The Basement (Sep 14) and Oxford Art Factory (Sep 15), before wrapping up at The Zoo in Brisbane on Saturday September 17. Tickets for all shows are on sale from 10am local time this Friday.
• UK outfit Enter Shikari will tour Australia in September. Live Nation has revealed the band will play shows in all five main capitals, wrapping at Metropolis in Fremantle on Saturday September 24. Tickets are on sale at 11am tomorrow.
• LA outfit The Internet continues to sell tickets to their Splendour In The Grass sideshows. They’ve just confirmed a third and final show in Melbourne to cope with demand. After selling out their first two shows at the city’s 170 Russell (July 26 and 27), they’ll now play a third date (July 31) to close their Aussie visit. Tickets are on sale now. Tickets for the band’s second Sydney show – at the Metro Theatre on July 30 – are selling fast.
THURSDAY MAY 05 : Brandy (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth)
THURSDAY MAY 05 : Enter Shikari (Nationally)
FRIDAY MAY 06 : The Cure (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY MAY 06 : Ladyhawke (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY MAY 06 : Foy Vance (Nationally)