Get To Know Peta & The Wolves in our latest pop feature.
The band of two, with one foot in Melbourne and one foot in Stockholm, has just released a totally addictive new single entitled ‘Verbal Wars’, so rather than just pop it up in a story by itself, we decided to make more of it.
Ladies and gentlemen, get to know Peta & The Wolves.
01. Band name : Peta & The Wolves .
02. Where are you based? Stockholm/Melbourne.
03. How did you choose your band name? My grandmother used to look after me when I was little and always arrived with cake and cartoons. My favourite movie was the old Disney cartoon of ‘Peter and the Wolf’ and I was fascinated by the epic music from the famous Russian Sergei Prokofiev. I always envisaged showcasing different producers and co-producing. Whilst I was working and writing in London, I had a session with the brilliant Grammy award winner writer and producer, Jimmy Napes (Sam Smith). At the beginning of our session Jimmy opened up a new project and named it ‘Peta and the Wolves’, I thought ‘That’s it’…. It just felt right. It was the name to my vision.
04.Give us five words to best describe you as a band. Ethereal, dark, epic, Australian/Scandinavian hybrid.
05. What’s your biggest claim to fame so far? My Swedish meatballs…..my best ‘and only’ dish.
06. Who are your members? Peta & The Wolf.
07. How was the band formed? I (Peta) met The Wolf at the Kennel, Stockholm whilst working in another session. By chance I heard his production in another room being played and was blown away instantly. I then scheduled a writing session with him the next day and the rest is history, he quickly became The Wolf.
08. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? The band originally started with Peta, then came the Wolf.
09. Tell us a little bit about your sound. So many influences…. I don’t know… so hard to define…. If anyone can tell me so I can answer this question, please Facebook me, that would be a great help.
10. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? ‘Controversy’ by Prince; ‘Heroes’ by David Bowie.
11. What’s your strangest experience as a band? When I first met the Wolf, after our first session when saying goodbye, I missed his cheek and accidentally kissed him on his neck… that was some kind of awkward sweetness… still laugh about it now.
12. Tell us about your latest release. You go a little crazy when you live in the middle of nowhere by yourself. ‘Verbal Wars’ was written in ‘crazy hour’. There is a sequel too…. I really hope you get to hear it. I seem to write really well when I’m miserable.
13. What do your future plans involve? More miserable songs for your enjoyment…. Sequels 2, 3 & 4.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? Wherever we are wanted. OR Tyreso, Brevik, Sweden…. drop by and I’ll sing a song and make you some Swedish meatballs.
WEBSITE : http://www.petaandthewolves.com
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/petaandthewolves
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/PetaAndWolves
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/petaandthewolves/
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/petaandthewolves