01. Name : Tiggi Hawke.
02. Where are you based? Born and raised in London!
03. How did you get your start in music? I started writing stories about things that happened to me when I was very young which gradually became the basis for poems. These became lyrics and I started putting music to my words when I was about 14!
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Cinematic, quirky, individual, fun and mysterious.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My writing has always been about things that have happened to me and that’s as true today as it was when I started. Working with different people through the years has really helped me to grow as a person and musically, I’ve been fortunate enough to have some wonderful mentors in the industry who are writers and producers themselves. They’ve taught me some invaluable lessons and helped me to develop my sound. But it’s all a journey, I’m still growing my sound even now! And I don’t think that will ever stop!
06. Who have been your musical influences? I trained classically but have always had a secret love for rock music. Whenever I have a bad day, it’s time for full rock n’ roll immersion! That said, alongside my Guns ‘N’ Roses obsession, there’s always a special place on my playlist for Johnny Cash and Elvis. I’ve been really inspired by some newer artists too, Zara Larsson is on fire right now, Jess Glynne is so inspiring and Sia, well, she’s always incredible!
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? Such a difficult question!! I’m gonna have to say ‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’ by Def Leppard, ‘American Pie’ by Don McLean and ‘Get Rhythm’ by Johnny Cash.
08. What was the first album you bought? It was a dual purchase; I went to HMV and bought Johnny Cash and Shania Twain! And so it began…
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I have a pet pygmy hedgehog called Tarantino (obviously!)
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? Definitely astronomy/cosmology related, I’m pretty sure astronaut is off the books (thanks Matt Damon, my mum would never let me leave Earth now!) but working in an observatory (shotgun Hawaii) and trying to discover new planets/stars/systems (and aliens) would have to be my chosen back-up career!
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Be prepared for some crazy ups and downs! These last few years have been the ul-timate rollercoaster for me, some epic highs and crushing lows, and being prepared for that crazy ride is the only reason I reckon I’m still vaguely sane!
12. Tell us about your latest release. My latest single, ‘Burn Notice’, is out now! I don’t wanna give too much away about it, but it was written at the end of a certain time in my life, I’d found some things out and I decided that I didn’t need it/them in my life anymore. Brace yourselves for a video though, it’s on its way…!
13. What do your future plans involve? MORE WRITING!! I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of Tileyard Studios for a while now and work with some fantastic people, so I’ll be writing my soul away and re-hearsing. I’m going to Scandinavia for two weeks this month to work with some more incredible people as well!
14. Where can our audience catch you live? We are just organising the next batch of live sessions so watch this space…
WEBSITE : http://www.tiggihawke.com/
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/TiggiHawke/
TWITTER : www.twitter.com/tiggihawke
INSTAGRAM : www.instagram.com/tiggihawke/
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/tiggi-hawke
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSeEx-yKOMw1LmHQ3CFhTEA