• The Purge is back for your Wednesday morning, so dry your tears. Put the tissues away also if you’ve been waiting for new music from UK band Clean Bandit, as their new single ‘Tears’ is here. The band rose to prominence via their 2014 smash hit ‘Rather Be’ with UK dance diva Jess Glynne on vocal duties. This time around, they’ve roped in the 2015 winner of the UK edition of ‘X Factor’, Louisa Johnson. ‘Tears’ was delivered to media on Monday, just days after its digital release.
• Among the other songs that will be competing for airtime this week are the aforementioned new Ani-K single ‘Love Like That’, Ariana Grande’s aforementioned ‘Into You’ and ‘My Sex, Your Sex’, a brand new single from classic Aussie outfit Mi-Sex, which is plucked from the band’s upcoming album ‘Not From Here’. ‘My Sex, Your Sex’ will be released this Friday.
• Sydney’s Dappled Cities have dropped a new single called ‘That Sound’. And ‘That Sound‘ is one that reminds us of all those long car drives with the folks in the back of the XB Falcon wagon with AM radio churning out the classic American hits of the ’70s. To celebrate its release today, the boys are playing shows at the Northcote Social Club in Melbourne on July 15 and the Oxford Art Factory in Sydney on July 16. Tickets are on sale now.
• We know she’s an Aussie legend, but the good people of the City of Churches are taking their love of Kate Ceberano one step further, honouring her with a star on the Adelaide Festival Centre’s Walk Of Fame. “I’m very excited to be part of the landscape (literally) of South Australia,” the singer said in a statement! “It’s such an honour and I’m thrilled that in my lifetime as a performing artist, as a festival director, I feel that I’ve contributed to the arts and to this wonderful state. And written in stone no less… I’m seriously chuffed!” Others honoured with a star include fellow Aussie legends Olivia Newton-John, John Farnham, Tina Arena, Nick Cave, Paul Kelly and Jimmy Barnes, along with Adelaide’s own Guy Sebastian. Check the full list HERE.
• A kick-arse line-up of talent will take to the stage for this year’s Maroochy Music & Arts Festival, which will hit Old Horton Golf Course on the Sunshine Coast on September 10. Matt Corby headlines this year’s proceedings, joined by the likes of Peking Duk, AllDay, George Maple, Client Liaison, Ngaaire, Bertie Blackman and more. Tickets are on sale now.
• Hot on the heels of their performance as part of Sydney’s Vivid Festival, iconic Aussie outfit Models has announced a run of live shows across the East Coast this September and October. The band will kick things off with a show at the Memo Music Hall in St.Kilda, Melbourne on September 09 before jetting up to Sydney for a show at the Oxford Art Factory the following night. Dates in Toowoomba, Northcote, Albury and Mulwala follow over the ensuing weeks.
• Also announcing live shows this week is Peter Garrett. Audiences will get a taste of his forthcoming album ‘A Version Of Now’ (out July 15) at the gigs, which kick off at ArtBar in Perth on Thursday July 21. Shows in the other four main capitals are also locked in, along with a selection of regional dates. Tickets are on sale from 9am AEST this Friday.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 01 : Coldplay (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY JUNE 01 : Selena Gomez (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY JUNE 02 : Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 03 : Peter Garrett (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 03 : Jai Wolf (Nationally)
MONDAY JUNE 06 : Kim Wilde & Howard Jones (Nationally)