• We kick off your midweek edition of The Purge with the new single for local tween outfit In Stereo. The boys, who found fame through last year’s ‘X Factor’ competition, recently announced that they’d drop their new ‘The Speed Of Sound’ EP on the first of next month. It’s set to contain five new songs, along with a reworked version of the title track, the original version of which appeared on their previous ‘She’s Rock N Roll’ EP. ‘The Speed Of Sound’ was serviced to Australian media on Monday afternoon.
• Among the other songs making their way to radio airwaves across the country this week are the new Broods track ‘Couldn’t Believe’, Mike Will Made-It and Rihanna’s collaboration ‘Nothing Is Promised’ and the new Travis Collins single ‘Call Me Crazy’. Keep your eyes peeled on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow for a more comprehensive list of all the new tracks fighting for radio airplay this week.
• French Montana has confirmed the release of his sophomore album ‘MC4’. It’s the follow up to the performer’s 2013 debut LP ‘Excuse My French’ and will include a selection of guest appearances, including by Kanye West and Nas (who feature on his single ‘Figure It Out’) and Kodak Black (who features on ‘Lockjaw’). Both tracks are available on the album, which is due to drop on Friday August 19.
• EMI and Night High Records have dropped ‘Lonely Walls’, the debut single for Sydney producer Pon Cho. The track is a collaboration with so-hot-right-now vocalist Paige IV, who vocaled LDRU’s mammoth chart monster ‘Keeping Score’. Check the official video HERE.
• Vibe City is a pair of Under 18 events that aim to deliver top notch EDM talent to audiences in Sydney and Melbourne early next month. First release tickets have already sold out in Melbourne and the Sydney event isn’t far behind. Ivan Ooze and Matt McGuire headline both events, with Kuren on the Sydney bill and Dex appearing in Melbourne. Melbourne’s Vibe City kicks off at 5pm at Rubix Warehouse on Sunday July 03 and Sydney’s is the following Sunday from 4:45pm at The Lair.
• Country outfit The Wolfe Brothers will headline a tour across Australia’s East Coast in October this year, taking a swag of up and coming country talent with them. The ‘This Crazy Life’ tour will feature seven acts in total, including Canada’s Gord Bamford, Caitlyn Shadbolt and Troy Kemp and will makes stops in Hobart, Launceston, Traralgon, Melbourne, Penrith, Newcastle, Tweed Heads and Toowoomba. Tickets are on sale from 9am today.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 08 : The Wolfe Brothers (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 09 : One Electric Day (Melbourne)
THURSDAY JUNE 09 : Ozomatli (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 10 : Selena Gomez (Sydney, Melbourne)
TUESDAY JUNE 14 : A Day On The Green (Nationally)