• We kick off your midweek edition of The Purge with the new Ellie Drennan single ‘Hard Love’. Though she dropped the Zara Larsson co-penned ‘Living Inside A Dream’ only earlier this month, she’s moved quickly along with this new song, which she took to ‘The Voice’ stage earlier this week to perform. Said performance had an immediate impact; the song racing into the top ten on the iTunes chart.
• Also new this week is Rihanna’s latest track ‘Sledgehammer’. Revealed overnight on Monday night, the new track is lifted from the soundtrack to the upcoming ‘Star Trek’ movie ‘Beyond’, which is set to hit cinemas across the country late next month.
• Among the other new singles making an impact at local media this week, there’s the new Jordan XL remix of Mike Posner’s latest single ‘Be As You Are’, the new Tiesto/John Legend collaboration ‘Summer Nights’, plus MK & Becky Hill’s ‘Piece Of Me’ and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ ‘Dark Necessities’. We’ll bring you our weekly comprehensive wrap of the new tunes over on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• Warner Music has confirmed the release of the new Devendra Banhart album ‘Ape In Pink Marble’. Yes, ‘Ape In Pink Marble’. Recorded in Los Angeles, the album follows up his 2013 release ‘Mala’ and sees him reuniting with longtime collaborators Noah Georgeson and Josiah Steinbrick. Comprising 13 tracks in total, including grat track ‘Middle Names’, ‘Ape In Pink Marble’ will be released on Friday September 23.
• With his new single ‘I Got The Keys’ now doing the rounds at media, momentum is beginning to build towards the release of the producer’s new album ‘Major Key’. The album is US music mogul’s ninth full length album and is ready to pre-order now, with grat tracks ‘For Free’ and ‘I Got The Keys’ already available ahead of the LP’s release on Friday July 29.
• Aussie composer/producer Peter Farnan is asking for the public’s help in finishing off his latest project, ‘Pesky Bones : Volume One’. A collection of 12 new songs, the album will feature vocal appearances by some of the country’s finest musicians, including Paul Kelly, Tim Rogers, Deborah Conway and Paul Capsis. For more information on the project or to find out how you can help, click HERE from this Friday.
• Sydney songstress Gordi will play a trio of Wednesday night live dates across the East Coast in August to coincide with the release of the video for her latest single ‘Wanting’ (HERE), a song she says “deals with the disappointment of constantly ending up at the same place, despite feeling like you should have come so much further.” The tour hits Newtown Social Club in Sydney, Northcote Social Club in Melbourne and Black Bear Lodge in Brisbane on August 10, 17 and 24 respectively and tickets are on sale now.
• Just over a week out from the start of her national tour (Sydney’s Metro Theatre is first cab off the rank on Friday week), George Maple has revealed that UV Boi will play the support role on all five dates. The tour swings by all five main capitals over the coming couple of weeks, winging up at Jack Rabbit Slim’s in Perth on July 16. Local supports will be confirmed closer to the shows.
• Four days, 40 artists, one city; Sydney will play host to the Red Bull Music Academy Weekender in early September with a huge line-up of talent to entertain crowds over 11 massive stages, from the Oxford Art Factory to a new venue on Sydney Harbour entitled Seadeck. Flight Facilities had already been announced as the Saturday night act, but they’re just the tip of the iceberg, with a swag of other amazing musical guests. Head HERE for all the info.
THURSDAY JUNE 30 : Delta Goodrem (Nationally)
FRIDAY JULY 01 : Melanie Martinez (Nationally)
FRIDAY JULY 01 : Queenscliff Music Festival (Queenscliff)
MONDAY JULY 04 : Ronan Keating (Nationally)