• The Purge is back for your Wednesday morning with great news for Aussie starlet Bonnie Anderson. Despite the mainstream Australian media virtually turning their noses up at the idea of supporting the songstress, it seems the Brits are taking her to heart, with news that she’s hit No.3 on Music Week’s pop commercial chart and No.2 on the club chart with her recent single ‘The Ones I Love’.
• Great news also this week for Sydney DJ Colour Castle, with his latest single ‘Walk Right In’, which features a vocal sample of Loleatta Holloway’s ‘Love Sensation’ (better known for its use in Black Box’s ‘Right On Time’) topping the ARIA club chart for the sixth successive week. The DJ, real name Chris Pillot, heads out on tour in support of the single this week, kicking off with a show at Yours in Bondi on Saturday night.
• New music doing the rounds at media this week from the likes of Fergie, Jack Garratt, Tinie Tempah, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Kylie’s version of ‘This Wheel’s On Fire’, lifted from the soundtrack of the upcoming ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ movie. As always, we’ll be bringing you a wrap of the new tunes at media this week on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• The This That Festival will be back in Newcastle in November this year, once again taking over the city’s foreshore after a spectacular debut last year. Pre-sale tickets for the November 05 festival will be made available to those who sign up to the event’s newsletter and the full line-up is incoming on Tuesday August 02.
• Also returning in November this year is Melbourne’s Face The Music summit, which will take over a hub in the Victorian capital on November 17 and 18. But it’s not all about talking heads in 2016, with the first live music performances also being added to the bill. Earlybird tickets are on sale now.
• Dance music legends Carl Cox and Eric Powell will roll out the soul, funk and disco at three very special events in November. They’ll play Return To Rio at Wisemans Ferry in New South Wales from November 11, will stop by SC Pannell Wines in McLaren Vale in South Australia on November 13 and will tee off at the Albert Park Golf Course in Melbourne on November 19. Tickets are on sale now.
• A Day To Remember will be in Australia in December this year, for shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. They’ll be joined on the nation-wide jaunt by Of Mice And Men, who’ll release their new album ‘Cold World’ on September 09. Tickets for the tour are on sale on Tuesday at 9am.
THURSDAY JULY 07 : End Of Fashion (Nationally)
THURSDAY JULY 07 : Panic! At The Disco (Nationally)
THURSDAY JULY 07 : Yellowcard (Nationally)
FRIDAY JULY 08 : Northeast Party House (Nationally)
MONDAY JULY 11 : Maxwell (Sydney, Melbourne)
MONDAY JULY 11 : Tex Perkins & The Tennessee Four (Nationally)
TUESDAY JULY 12 : A Day To Remember (Nationally)