Today’s a big day for Tamworth native Loren Ryan.
The singer, who’s crazy about Beyonce and who released her debut EP ‘Fight’ earlier in the year, today drops the music video for her latest single ‘Stars’. So what better time for us to roll out some questions and Get To Know Loren Ryan!
01. Name : Loren Ryan.
02. Where are you based? Tamworth.
03. How did you get your start in music? I won a karaoke competition when I was 14.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Sassy, unapologetically honest, soulful, creative and versatile.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I grew up in Tamworth (Australia’s capital of country music), so I was brought up on country. But I had three older sisters that were big on R&B, hip hop and rap. I got my first cassette tape and it was ‘The Best of Michael Jackson’. Also watching the ‘Rage’ top 100 countdown every Sunday morning. I wanted so badly to be part of Destiny’s Child. So a mixture of all these things influenced my pop/R&B sound.
06. Who have been your musical influences? Beyoncé & Michael Jackson; Beyoncé’s attitude and Michael’s conviction when performing really inspired me.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? This is a tough one I love all music! ‘Halo’ – Beyoncé, ‘Dirty Diana’ – Michael Jackson, ‘Gravity’ – John Mayer, ‘Dusty Trails’ – Lucius.
08. What was the first album you bought? I can’t remember the first album, but the first single I ever got was S2S’s ‘Sister’ (and I had to share it with my sister lol).
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I love to go fishing. Sometimes I’ll just disappear and go to my little fishing spots and have about 10 missed calls when I come back into town and into service.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? That’s interesting. I’d love to work in promotion or photography and graphic design.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Never take the easy road to success, because you’d be lost without your own advice. Take the time to pay your dues and gain experience. Always work hard, enjoy the journey, celebrate the little achievements along with the big ones.
12. Tell us about your latest release. My latest release is ‘Stars’, which will be the second single from my debut EP ‘Fight’. It will be released at the end of August along with my debut video clip.
13. What do your future plans involve? My future plans involve writing and recording my first album, travelling overseas to perform, starting a super band and getting the attention of a record label. Parkwood Entertainment in particular (Beyoncé’s new label) lol.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? I’m always playing somewhere, you can follow me on any of these to see what I’m up to;