• Welcome to Wednesday and welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge, which kicks off this week with news of the return of Aussie favourites Jagwar Ma. The band has dropped ‘Give Me A Reason’ (listen HERE) as the second single from their upcoming album release ‘Every Now & Then’, which is due to drop on Friday October 14. Comprising 11 tracks in all, the LP is available for pre-order now.
• Speaking of new albums, country starlet (and Golden Guitar winner, no less) Amber Lawrence will release her new album ‘Happy Ever After’ through Social Family Records at the end of next month. “It’s real life. It’s a positive album, but I’m also saying there are hard times. If you take it one day at a time you can have your happy ever after,” Amber says of the LP, the lead single and title track for which hit Aussie media this week. Look for ‘Happy Ever After’ the album from your favourite retailer on Friday September 30.
• Meat Loaf is also back with a new long player. To be released on September 16, all the songs on ‘Braver Than We Are’ are penned by legendary songwriter Jim Steinman, the man behind Meat Loaf’s classic ‘I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)’ and his hit albums ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ and ‘Bat Out Of Hell II : Back Into Hell’. Lead single ‘Going All The Way Is Just The Start (A Song In 6 Movements)’ is out now.
• It’s shaping up to be a busy couple of months for brother/sister duo Lastlings, who will embark on a series of live dates from later this month. They’re due to kick things off at Mynt Lounge in Werribee (Melbourne) this Friday before free shows in both Melbourne and Sydney in the next week. Then it’s up to Bigsound in Brisbane, before a quartet of shows supporting Vera Blue and Lanks on the east coast.
• Memphis songstress Julien Baker will be in Australia later this year for her first ever Australian tour. The run of dates kicks off at Woolly Mammoth in Brisbane on November 18 and will take in shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Fremantle, along with festival appearances in Mullumbimby, Queenscliff and Berry NSW. Tickets for all headline shows are on sale from 9am eastern time tomorrow morning.
• And All Our Exes Live In Texas have confirmed live dates later this year. Their run kicks off with an appearance at Lorne Festival from September 02, hits the Beyond Festival in Canberra on October 01 and then zips around the country until early November. Tickets are on sale now.
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 24 : Lisa Mitchell (Nationally)
THURSDAY AUGUST 25 : Julien Baker (Nationally)
THURSDAY AUGUST 25 : Baroness (Nationally)
THURSDAY AUGUST 25 : Tell No Tales (Sydney)
FRIDAY AUGUST 26 : Guns N Roses (Nationally)
FRIDAY AUGUST 26 : Ronan Keating (Sydney, Melbourne)
MONDAY AUGUST 29 : TLC (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide)
TUESDAY AUGUST 30 : Falls Festival (Lorne, Byron Bay, Marion Bay, Fremantle)
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 31 : Keith Urban (Sydney, Melbourne)