Get To Know It’s Lily in our latest auspOp feature; she’s a young songstress straight out of our biggest metropolis whose latest single is co-penned by a guy who’s previously worked with Bieber, Gomez and Usher.
But who is she? And what makes her tick? Ladies and gents… get to know It’s Lily.
01. Name : It’s Lily.
02. Where are you based? Sydney City.
03. How did you get your start in music? I started by writing about five songs for an EP that I worked on closely with a producer. After that, my parents really saw my potential and backed me on my journey, and from there I released my new single ‘Laid At Night’ and have a video on its way.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Versatile, fun, bubbly, hard working.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My sounds comes from so many different influences, it’s hard for me to put my sound into just one genre. As I grow as a person, so does my music. It’s an amazing journey.
06. Who have been your musical influences? Kiss, Aerosmith, Hanson, Mary J Blige, John Farnham, Anastacia, Savage Garden, Cher, Frank Ocean, Etta James.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? ‘Janie’s Got A Gun’ (Aerosmith), ‘Two Strong Hearts’ (John Farnham), ‘Purple Rain’ (Prince), ‘You Give Love A Bad Name’ (Bon Jovi).
08. What was the first album you bought? The first piece of music I bought for myself was ‘Lose Yourself’ by Eminem and ‘Renegade’ by Jay Z.
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. (Declined to answer)
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? A lawyer.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Not to second guess myself and never doubt my talent or my intuition about something.
12. Tell us about your latest release. It’s a new start for me, this release. I’m really starting to do the music that I want to do. My current single is called ‘Laid At Night’ and was co-written by Eric Bellinger, who has written for Chris Brown, Usher, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and many more.
13. What do your future plans involve? Helping and healing other people with my music and via the lessons I’ve learnt throughout my life.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? I’m currently working on my live show, but for now, you can catch me in the studio working with different writers, producers, vocalists and rappers, and seeing what comes of that.