• We’re kicking off your midweek Purge serve with a quick mention of Isaiah Firebrace’s debut single ‘It’s Gotta Be You’, which finds itself right up towards the top of the iTunes singles chart in the wake of his ‘X Factor’ win on Monday night. That’s despite the show delivering the poorest ratings for a finale in its history, suggesting it may not return to the Channel 7 schedule in 2017. As mentioned on Monday night, Isaiah’s winner’s single was co-penned by the boys from DNA in Sydney.
• The soundtrack to the new animated movie ‘Sing’, which hits cinemas on Boxing Day, will drop early next month. Further details of its contents will be released in the weeks to come, but we know that it already contains Stevie Wonder and Ariana Grande’s single ‘Faith’ and Tori Kelly’s ‘Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing’, which the singer performed on ‘The X Factor’ Grand Final on Monday night. Look for the album in stores on Friday December 09.
• Mushroom Group favourites Clubfeet have just dropped their new single ‘Canyons’ and, at the same time, have confirmed that they’ll be releasing their new ‘Deep Thoughts’ EP in late January. The four tracker contains said lead single, along with ‘Uppers’, ‘Territory’ and lead single ‘We Are Affected’.
• This is Harts. He recently released his album ‘Smoke Fire Hope Desire’. So he’s decided to do the ‘Smoke Fire Hope Desire’ tour in support of it. It kicks off at 170 Russell in Melbourne on February 17. It wraps at The Triffid in Brisbane on March 11. It’ll make stops in Albury, Torquay, Warrnambool, Terrigal, Sydney, Wollongong and at the Urban Jungle Festival in Perth in between. Yeo is supporting on most shows (except Albury, Warrnambool and Perth). Tickets are on sale now.
• Italian superstar Zuccerho will be in Australia in May for a national tour, with shows locked in for Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. “I am so happy to be returning to Australia in 2017 on the Black Cat World Tour,” the singer said in a statement. “I have such great fans and good friends in Australia and it’s always a pleasure to visit your country. I look forward to playing some of my big hits and also new songs from my new album to my Australian fans.” Tickets are on sale from Friday.
• Spiderbait will hit the road from early March for their ‘Ivy And The Big Apples’ tour. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, they’ll be playing their iconic third album in its entirety in order for audiences in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Hobart as part of a run of shows from March 03 in Melbourne to April 22 in Hobart. Tickets are on sale from 9am AEDT on Monday November 28.
• UK outfit While She Sleeps have announced two headline shows while they’re here in February as special guests on the Bring Me The Horizon tour. The band, which will release its third album ‘You Are We’ on April 21 next year, will play shows at Sydney’s Newtown Social Club on February 09 and at Crowbar in Brisbane on February 10. Tickets are on sale from midday today.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 23 : While She Sleeps (Sydney, Brisbane)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25 : Atmosphere / Brother Ali (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25 : The Mountain Goats (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25 : Young Franco / UV Boi (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25 : Zucchero (Nationally)
MONDAY NOVEMBER 28 : Don Henley (Nationally)
MONDAY NOVEMBER 28 : Spiderbait (Nationally)
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29 : The Doobie Brothers (Brisbane)
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29 : Santana (Canberra)
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29 : Santana & The Doobie Brothers (Nationally)