• It’s another scintillating hump day edition of The Purge and we begin this week with confirmation from Sony Music that they’ll be releasing Rag N Bone Man’s debut album ‘Human’ in February. The British soul performer (real name Rory Graham) has been shortlisted for the Brits Critic’s Choice Award for 2017 and is also in the running for the BBC’s Sound Of 2017. Featuring the recently-released title track single, ‘Human’ will be available in 12 track standard and 19 track deluxe editions when it drops on February 10.
• Gold Coast singer songwriter Casey Barnes has a new single doing the rounds. ‘Just Like Magic’ was serviced to Australian media organisations on Monday morning as the latest single to be lifted from his album ‘Live As One’. The track was co-penned by the MSquared boys (Michael Paynter and Michael Delorenzis). “The song touches on a guy’s complete and utter fascination with a girl who basically has him under her spell,” Casey explains. “I’m sure a lot of people can relate to that feeling.” A music video is due later this week.
• Ronan Keating has teamed with Air New Zealand to record a special southern hemisphere version of ‘Winter Wonderland’. Resung as ‘Summer Wonderland‘ and employing the talents of young NZ performer Julian Dennison, the track features plenty of references that us Aussies can also relate to. Universal Music serviced the track to Aussie media last week.
• This (left) is Brisbane’s Alex L’Estrange. He’s on the cusp of releasing his new single ‘Nothing To Hide’ and the EP it’s lifted from (‘Auchenflower’) on Friday week. Not content with merely popping the track out, he’s also set to launch it with a live show at Black Bear Lodge on Saturday January 28.
• Melbourne artist Sunshine will shine her light on a new experience in Melbourne later this month. Entitled ‘Sunshine’s Midnight Mass’, it’s an event packed with gospel house, techno and soul music, live performance and even a ‘Disco Faith Choir’. The launch event will take place at the city’s Prince Bandroom on Friday December 23.
• And Pnau have been added to the line-up for Newcastle’s NYE Street Party. The city will come alive across two stages, featuring the talents of Illy, San Cisco, The Kite String Tangle, Boo Seeka and many more. Presented by the Cambridge Hotel, the party kicks off at 6pm and will go right through ’til 2am, with market stalls, delicious gourmet treats and live art also on the menu. Tickets are on sale now.
FRIDAY DECEMBER 09 : A Weekend In The Gardens (Melbourne)
MONDAY DECEMBER 12 : Celebrating David Bowie (Sydney)
MONDAY DECEMBER 12 : Little Mix (Nationally)