• Your midweek edition of The Purge kicks off this morning with the new Jason Derulo single ‘Swalla’. The track, which features both Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign on vocals, was serviced to Aussie media on Monday morning and we’ve been told it features an “unshakable chorus over a sun-soaked island groove”. The track has already made its way into the top 30 on the local iTunes chart.
• Also making their way out into the wonderful world of media this week are the new Paces single ‘Savage’, Busby Marou’s ‘Best Part Of Me’ and ‘I’m A Lady’, the new single from Meghan Trainor, which is plucked from the soundtrack to the new Smurfs movie ‘Smurfs : The Lost Village’. The film launches into local cinemas from March 30, while the music video for the song is due to land this Friday.
• For more of the new tunes making their way to Aussie media this week, meantime, keep your eyes peeled on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon.
• Midnight Oil’s recently-announced global tour, their first in more than 20 years, is exceeding all expectations. Locally, shows have sold out in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Wollongong, Hunter Valley, Canberra, Mount Macedon and Cairns, while over in the US, their entire run of 13 shows has sold out; so too their London show at the Hammersmith Apollo. New shows have this morning been added in both Sydney (The Domain on November 17) and Melbourne (Sidney Myer Music Bowl on November 08), the latter facilitating the move of the Wollongong show to November 13. Tickets for both are on sale next Wednesday, March 08. At the same time, the band is warning fans not to buy tickets through resellers, as no tickets will be mailed out until weeks before the shows.
• Dan Sultan will hit the road from late next month for shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Newcastle. He’ll be giving audiences in each city the chance to be among the first to hear tracks from his forthcoming album project in a stripped-back setting. Naturally, he’ll also be playing a selection of fan favourites too. Exclusive pre-sale tickets are available from his OFFICIAL WEBSITE from 10am local time today, before general public tickets hit the sales desk at 10am local time on Wednesday March 15.
• And hot on the heels of their 2016 Aussie tour (their first ever), Ocean Colour Scene will be back down under in November. The band has confirmed shows in each of the five main capital cities, kicking off with a gig at the Metro Theatre in Sydney on November 11. Tickets are on sale from this Friday, March 03.
FRIDAY MARCH 03 : New Found Glory (Nationally)
FRIDAY MARCH 03 : Ocean Colour Scene (Nationally)