• Never fear… The Purge is here! Your midweek edition kicks off this morning with the new single from returned Aussie outfit The Avalanches. ‘Noisy Eater’ is the latest track plucked from the band’s long-awaited sophomore album ‘Wildflower’ and features a vocal appearance by US rapper Biz Markie. We’ve been told that fans should be expecting a special Australian show to be announced soon.
• Among the other new singles doing the rounds at Aussie media this week are two tracks from Nicki Minaj (‘Regret In Your Tears’ and ‘No Frauds’), along with new tracks for American Doubles, Mighty Oaks, Dean Lewis and Nav ftg. The Weeknd. As always, we’ll be bringing you our regular weekly wrap of the new babies at media on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• Hot on the heels of their first ever No.1 album (‘Ironbark’), The Waifs have added a show in Adelaide. Though the City of Churches wasn’t originally part of the national run of dates, the band have confirmed they’ll stop by Governor Hindmarsh for a gig on Sunday April 02. Tickets are on sale now.
• Killing Heidi are back and hitting the road in the middle of the year for what Live Nation is telling us is their first national tour in more than ten years. Shows are confirmed in Perth (Astor Theatre on June 02), Adelaide (Governor Hindmarsh on June 03), Sydney (Metro Theatre on June 08), Melbourne (170 Russell on June 09) and Brisbane (The Tivoli on June 10). “Killing Heidi live was always where it was at for me,” frontwoman Ella Hooper enthuses. “I feel we’re better than ever now as we’ve never stopped playing music and we can dial it up to a whole new level. But the essence is the same. It’s exciting and emotional for both us and the fans.” Tickets are on sale from midday on Tuesday March 21.
• And DD Dumbo is headed out on a national tour in support of his recently-released album ‘Utopia Defeated’. The Victorian performer has locked in shows in Brisbane (The Triffid on June 10), Sydney (Metro Theatre on June 16), Wollongong (Anita’s Theatre on June 17), Ballarat (Karova Lounge on June 21), Melbourne (Corner Hotel on June 24) and Perth (Astor Theatre on June 29), with tickets to all hitting the sales desk from 9am local time this Thursday, March 16.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 15 : Dan Sultan (Nationally)
THURSDAY MARCH 16 : Bad//Dreems (Nationally)
THURSDAY MARCH 16 : DD Dumbo (Nationally)
THURSDAY MARCH 16 : Jacob Sartorius (Nationally)
THURSDAY MARCH 16 : $uicideBoy$ (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY MARCH 17 : Peter Hook & The Light (Nationally)
TUESDAY MARCH 21 : Killing Heidi (Nationally)