Aussie music icon Tina Arena will release a new best-of collection called ‘Greatest Hits And Interpretations’ next month.
Celebrating Tina’s landmark 40th year in the business, the two disc collection does precisely what it says on the box; bringing together a collection of her greatest hits, as well as interpretations of her past hits by other Aussie artists.
The release includes the new version of ‘Chains’, performed at the 2015 ARIA Awards, along with covers by Katie Noonan and Kate Miller-Heidke, plus a special duet between Tina and former YTT co-star Dannii Minogue.
“The whole premise of this record for me was about the other artists,” Tina says in a statement. “How the other artists perceived that body of work. It was about them having the freedom to be able to do it the way they want to do it.”
The album is preceded by the release today of lead single and cover of Nik Kershaw’s ’80s classic ‘Wouldn’t It Be Good’. The track was also delivered to Australian media this morning.
“I’ve always been my harshest critic, that will never change. For me it’s all about the quality of the songwriting – it’s got to make you feel something and this collection makes me feel something. And I go, ‘Yes, I’ve done okay.’ I’m proud of the collaborations I’ve had, of the things I’ve learned, of the things I continue to learn. I’ve loved working with the people I’ve worked with over the years. It’s really fulfilling.”
‘Greatest Hits & Interpretations’ is available from retailers everywhere on Friday April 07.
01. I Need Your Body
02. The Machine’s Breaking Down
03. Strong As Steel
05. Sorrento Moon
06. Heaven Help My Heart (Radio edit)
07. Wasn’t It Good
09. Now I Can Dance (Single Edit)
10. If I Didn’t Love You
11. Soul Mate #9
12. Symphony Of Life
13. Roc Project Feat. Tina Arena – Never (Past Tense) (Radio edit)
14. You Set Fire To My Life
15. Only Lonely
16. Reset All
17. I Want To Love You
01. Morgan Evans – If I Didn’t Love You
02. Dannii Minogue Feat. Tina Arena – Sorrento Moon
03. Clare Bowen – Still Running
04. Tina Arena, Jessica Mauboy & The Veronicas – Chains
05. Alex Hope – Only Lonely
06. Ben Abraham and Ainsley Wills – Wasn’t It Good
07. David Thibault – I Need Your Body
08. Jimmy Barnes – When You’re Ready
09. Katie Noonan – Burn
10. Kate Miller-Heidke – Heaven Help My Heart
11. Tina Arena – Wouldn’t It Be Good
12. Tina Arena – I Want To Know What Love Is
13. Tina Arena – Show Me Heaven
14. Tina Arena – Never Tear Us Apart