Hot on the heels of the release of his new single ‘Meet In The Sky’, we Get To Know Sydney performer J Motor.
He’s got a tattoo of a superhero, he’s got a career back-up dream and a love of a diverse range of artists.
Discover which superhero, which career and who he rates in our latest feature.
01. Name : J Motor.
02. Where are you based? Sydney and LA.
03. How did you get your start in music? For me it was project after project before I decide to finally back myself and become a solo artist. It’s a big step but I’m glad I did.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Creative, emotive, passionate, challenging and positive.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I like to push limits and always try new things, breaking free of genres. This will definitely cut though more, the more I release music.
06. Who have been your musical influences? Beck, The Beatles, Bowie, Thom York, MIA, MGMT and many more.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? ‘Paranoid Android’ by Radiohead, which I’m playing right now, now you’ve asked.
08. What was the first album you bought? Michael Jackson – ‘History’.
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I have a batman logo tattoo.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? 100% a UFC fighter. Love the sport.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? If someone gives you good feedback, don’t listen and ff someone gives you bad feedback, don’t listen.
12. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Meet In The Sky’ is a song I hold very dear to me. I wrote it a long time ago and I’m so excited it’s finally out and getting some mad love on Spotify etc. It’s about all the people coming together.
13. What do your future plans involve? I’m going to keep releasing singles, keep writing for other artists and keep doing film stuff. I’m not one to pull the brakes on my dream. It’s an obsession.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? Once I have an epic set list of tracks, hoping the back half of the year.