We’re headed to the other side of the world this morning to get to know Saint WKND.
Just last week, he released his debut EP ‘Golden Youth’ and, at the same time, its latest single ‘Make You Mine’.
And gosh, it’s a bewitching piece.
If you’ve been a fan of what Clean Bandit has served up over the past couple of years, you’re going to love this.
Take a listen below. And, at the same time, Get To Know Saint WKND.
01. Name : SAINT WKND.
02. Where are you based? Originally in Erding, a small town in Southern Germany close to Munich, but I recently moved to London.
03. How did you get your start in music? When I was 12 years old I started to take E-Guitar lessons. A few years later I discovered FL Studio and it was the start point for me to make electronic music.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Random, selector, explorer, universal, simple.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. It was pretty much trial and error. A lot of times you just get into the zone and keep going, and suddenly you create something out of nothing. I think my style developed when I fell in love with 7th chords. I moved away from 4/4 beats and more to a groovy beat.
06. Who have been your musical influences? Pharrell / The Neptunes, Daft Punk, Kanye West, Timbaland.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? Earth, Wind & Fire – ‘September’, Justin Timberlake – ‘Rock Your Body’, The Kooks – ‘See the Sun’, Two Door Cinema Club – ‘I Can Talk’.
08. What was the first album you bought? Probably Eminem – ‘Encore’.
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I can imitate bird noises really well.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I would work as a graphic artist.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? To trust your gut and stay true to yourself.
12. Tell us about your latest release. I released my debut EP ‘Golden Youth’ on April 7 and it depicts stories of everything that goes through the head of a 22 year old. Stories of adventure, love and summer feelings. It’s really hard to put it into a certain genre, it’s more of a mix of different styles and is pretty vibe-driven.
13. What do your future plans involve? Working on visuals and elements for my live show and further develop my whole impression of SAINT WKND.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? May 18 – Juwi Fest, Muenster, May 26 – BangON! elements Campout, June 16 – Firefly Music Festival, June 22 – Electric Forest Weekend 1, June 29 – Electric Forest Weekend 2.