Get To Know Brittany Leo, a young songstress from Melbourne who’s just dropped a fresh new pop song called ‘Need It’.
She may be just 20 years of age, but it’s clear with this new track that she knows what it takes to create a good pop song.
To celebrate its recent release, we sent over our bunch of questions to her in the hope of getting to know her a little more.
So kick back, relax and get to know Brittany Leo.
01. Name : Brittany Leo.
02. Where are you based? Melbourne.
03. How did you get your start in music? I began singing in the school choir when I was five years old. I really enjoyed it so I joined a singing school. I also do guitar, keyboard and dance classes. I love all things music and I love to perform.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Fun, Independent, empowering, relaxed, ambitious.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My early influences were powerful, female voices; my mum always listened to Cher and Anastacia. I began singing powerful rock songs, which I still love. I also love dance music and my sound has developed into a mix of both. I have a strong voice and I love edgy music. The sound of my new song ‘Need It’ is pop with electronic influences.
06. Who have been your musical influences? When I was younger I listened to LeAnn Rimes and Mandy Moore. I also have a personal love of ’90s music such as the Backstreet Boys. And I love R&B music; my favourite performer is Usher. On a daily basis, I listen to a wide variety of music genres.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? I have way too many to name, but always get happy when a Backstreet Boys song comes on.
08. What was the first album you bought? ‘Baby One More Time’ by Britney Spears.
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I am really interested in health and fitness. I exercise most days of the week and I eat healthy.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I am currently studying Advanced Radio after completing a Diploma of Screen and Media (TV and Radio) last year and I love it.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? To always be grateful.
12. Tell us about your latest release. My latest release is ‘Need It’. It’s a fun, sassy song and I am so happy with the response it has received. I wanted to release something a little different and unexpected and I think it reflects where I am in my life now; being older and more confident.
13. What do your future plans involve? I am planning on going back into the studio soon to write and record another single. I also love my studies and want to expand on that.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? The best way to keep up to date is to check out my social pages.