We Get To Know St Humain; the Sydney producer has just dropped one of the most impressive debut singles you’re bound to hear.
The seriously incredible ‘Make A Move’ has us wrapped around its little finger from first listen. So we thought it imperative that we get to know the young man behind it.
But who is St.Humain? And what of his plans for world domination?
1. Name : St. Humain.
2. Where are you based? Sydney, Australia.
3. How did you get your start in music? Learning to play my dad’s ’84 (I think) Yamaha classical guitar. Also, as a kid I went to bed listening to the radio, refusing to fall asleep till I found out who was the day’s #1 on the Top 10 countdown – good times when ’90s Britney was queen!
4. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Chameleon. Positive. Curious. Meticulous… Sleepless.
5. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I’ve always been a pophead, but I also enjoy a wide palette of genres such as soul, electronic, hip-hop, folk, jazz, etc. So when it comes to making music I tend to play matchmaker and try to marry unlikely together.
6. Who have been your musical influences? It’s hard to pick a shortlist but – anything Top 40, plus artists like John Mayer, Gallant, Oh Wonder, Ariana Grande. Most importantly though, super writer and producer Max Martin. (Max if you’re reading this… Can I be a fly on your wall?)
7. What are your favourite songs of all time? ‘Happy Birthday’. Seriously, I think it’s probably the best song ever written. Just start it off and the whole room sings along. Jamie Cullum’s ‘All At Sea’ always gives me the feels, I mean have you seen the music video? I’ve also been in love with the new Charlie Puth single ‘Attention’. It’s so tidy.
8. What was the first album you bought? Hello Y2K. It was ‘Coast To Coast’ by Westlife. The deluxe edition that came with a bonus disc.
9. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I’m right handed for pretty much everything except when it comes to using a knife and fork.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I nearly went to art school, so I probably would’ve been a graphic designer.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? To be consistent, no matter what.
12. Tell us about your latest release. I’ve just released my debut single ‘Make A Move’ and musically it’s as if Disclosure and Kanye had a popsoul-singing baby. It’s about living without hesitation, fighting the forces that hinder your dreams, anything from your personal ambitions to your love life. It’s taken me many months and a dozen crossed fingers and I’m glad it’s finally out!
13. What do your future plans involve? My team and I are currently finishing a video for ‘Make A Move’. Besides that, more songs are definitely on the way including some remixes and collaborations. I can’t wait.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? In the near future, hopefully! I’d love to take my songs all over the world – and I pray it happens sooner than later.
Grab the single ‘Make A Move’ from Apple Music HERE and be sure to connect with St.Humain on one of the many social media platforms;
WEBSITE : http://sthumain.com
FACEBOOK : http://facebook.com/sthumain
TWITTER : http://twitter.com/sthumain
INSTAGRAM : http://instagram.com/sthumain
SOUNDCLOUD : http://soundcloud.com/sthumain
SPOTIFY : http://tiny.cc/makeamove-sp