• Welcome to the midweek edition of The Purge and welcome back to Missy Higgins, who will drop her new single called ‘Torchlight’ this Friday. The song is lifted from the soundtrack of a new movie entitled ‘Don’t Tell’; the true story of a young woman who fought back after enduring sexual abuse at a prestigious private school. We’re told that ‘Torchlight’ is a standalone single release and that Missy’s currently hard at work on music for her next album project.
• The CDB boys are hitting the shops. They’ve confirmed an instore appearance at Westpoint Blacktown Centre Court on Thursday May 11. The live performance is part of a promotional trail in support of their just-released album ‘Tailored For Now’. In conjunction with Sanity, they hit the stage at 7pm.
• Shannon Noll will release a new single called ‘Southern Sky’ this Friday. The track, described as a “fist-pumping ode to the rugged beauty of his Aussie homeland” is the second official single from his upcoming fifth studio album, currently set for release in September this year.
• Shannon’s track is one of a swag of songs serviced to Aussie media so far this week. Check our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon for a rundown of these week’s newbies.
• Great news for the organisers of Melbourne’s One Electric Day event; tickets for the November 26 concert (featuring John Farnham, Daryl Braithwaite, Baby Animals etc) sold out within three minutes of hitting the sales desk on Monday morning. “We knew there was considerable hype around this year’s line-up,” promoter Duane McDonald said in a statement. “To sell-out in three minutes is an amazing achievement for the festival.”
• The Yours & Owls Festival will return to Stuart Park in Wollongong in late September. The line-up for the 18+ event is due to land on Tuesday May 16, with general public tickets on sale on Monday May 22. But organisers have asked friends of the annual event to put the date in their diaries; September 30 and October 01.
• With their new album ‘Punchbuzz’ now confirmed for a June 02 release, Melbourne outfit Husky have confirmed they’ll head out in support of it on a tour throughout June and July. Shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide are locked, as are shows in Newcastle, Hobart, Maroochydore, Fremantle and Castlemaine, along with an appearance at the Bello Winter Music Festival in Bellingen on July 06. Tickets are on sale now.
• And Reece Mastin has been announced a special guest on the upcoming national tour by Brisbane band Sheppard, alongside No Frills Twins. The ‘Keep Me Crazy’ Australian tour hits Eatons Hill Hotel in Brisbane on May 27, The Croxton in Melbourne on June 10 and the Metro Theatre in Sydney on May 11.
WEDNESDAY MAY 03 : Cloud Control (Sydney, Melbourne)
THURSDAY MAY 04 : Clare Bowen (Nationally)
THURSDAY MAY 04 : Keith Sweat (Nationally)
FRIDAY MAY 05 : Bros (Sydney)
FRIDAY MAY 05 : Bruno Mars (Nationally)
FRIDAY MAY 05 : Mayday Parade (Nationally)
FRIDAY MAY 05 : Harry Styles (Sydney, Melbourne)