• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge. And say hello to ‘I Was Born’, the new single from band of brothers Hanson. The timing of its serviced to Australian media this week is oh so right; just over a month before the boys lands in the country on their 25th Anniversary tour.
• Among the other new music doing the rounds at Aussie media this week are the new singles for Cashmere Cat, Niall Horan, OneRepublic and O’Shea, along with and Tinie Tempah, whose new single ‘Find Me’ features the vocals of Jake Bugg. Naturally, we’ll bring you a more comprehensive wrap of the new tunes on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• Brisbane electronic duo Odd Mob have dropped a new single called ‘Feel So Good’. The track, which premiered recently on Triple J, was released digitally last Friday and is the follow-up to their Triple J favourite ‘Down For Love’.
• Australia’s favourite female vocalist, Tina Arena, has added a second show in Brisbane as part of her upcoming ‘Innocence To Understanding’ Greatest Hits tour. The gig will take place at The Tivoli on Friday September 08. Pre-sale tickets are on sale from midday local time today, with general public sales going live at 9am on Friday, May 12.
• Also adding a new show to an upcoming tour this week is Beth Orton. Organisers of her visit to Australia next month have deemed there’s sufficient demand in the Western Australian capital to add a Perth date to her headline commitments. In addition to her previously announced dates in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Meeniyan, Beth will now play Perth’s Rosemount Hotel on Wednesday June 07. Tickets are on sale at 9am local time today.
• And they’ve sold out a show in Melbourne, so Dustin Tebbutt and Lisa Mitchell have added a second in the Victorian capital to cope with demand. They’ll now play the city’s Corner Hotel on June 29 in addition to their June 30 gig. Tickets are on sale now.
• M Phazes is hitting the road from early next month, with shows locked across the country. On it, he’ll be giving audiences a little taste of originals from his forthcoming album project, plus unreleased songs and new remixes. It’s M Phazes’ first solo tour in more than five years. Catch him at Argyle House in Newcastle on June 07, Chinese Laundry in Sydney on June 09, Mobius Lounge Bar in Hobart on June 10, Fat Controller in Adelaide on June 11, Amplifier in Perth on June 17 and Section 8 in Melbourne on June 18. Tickets are on sale now.
• Extra shows have been added to Yusuf’s upcoming Australian tour. Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane all benefit from second concerts; Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena on November 28, Sydney’s ICC Theatre on December 07 and the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on December 10. Tickets for all three are ons ale at 10am local time on Tuesday May 16.
• James Reyne will play the hits of Australian Crawl on an ‘All Crawl’ tour this August and September. Special guests Boom Crash Opera and Ollie Brown will join James on the national jaunt, which kicks off with two shows at The Palms At Crown in Melbourne on August 04 and 05.
• Great news from the Splendour In The Grass team this week, with confirmation that their Northern Rivers Flood fundraiser brought in more than $69,000. That total will go towards communities devastated by the recent flooding across the northern New South Wales region.
WEDNESDAY MAY 09 : Beth Orton (Perth)
FRIDAY MAY 12 : Tina Arena (Brisbane)
TUESDAY MAY 16 : Yusuf (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)