• Welcome to your Wednesday edition of The Purge. We begin this week’s edition with confirmation of the release of the new album from superstar DJ Calvin Harris. ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1’ is set for release at retailers everywhere on Friday June 30 and will feature a mass of vocal collaborations with the likes of John Legend, Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, Kahlani, Future, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Travis Scott and many more. It’ll drop digitally, on CD and on a special gatefold vinyl.
• Other dance music legends gearing up for a release soon are Axwell /\ Ingrosso. They’ll drop their first ever EP entitled ‘More Than You Know’ next Wednesday. It’ll comprise latest single ‘Renegade’ and the title track ‘More Than You Know’, as well as two other tracks – ‘How Do You Feel Right Now’ and ‘Dawn’.
• New tracks hitting Australian media this week include the new Casey Donovan single ‘Lonely’, ‘Want You Back’ from Haim, Anja Nissen’s ‘Where I Am’, plus Dua Lipa’s ‘Lost In Your Light’ (with Miguel) and a re-service of Isaiah’s ‘Don’t Come Easy’. Naturally, you’ll catch our comprehensive wrap of the newbies tomorrow afternoon on our FACEBOOK page.
• Wollongong’s Yours And Owls Festival is going to be a corker this year, yesterday unveiling the super-sized line-up that will take to the city’s Stuart Park on September 30 and October 01. At The Drive In and The Presets headline the 2017 bill, but there’s plenty of other big names joining them; Allday, Illy, Montaigne, Gold Class, The Preatures, Safia, Bad//Dreems, Major Leagues, Holy Holy and many more will all play. Tickets are on sale on May 22.
• Also dropping their line-up this week were organisers of the Maroochy Music & Visual Arts Festival. The Presets are also locked in for the Sunshine Coast event, alongside the likes of Alison Wonderland, Gang Of Youths, Northeast Party House, Horrorshow, Bernard Fanning and Mallrat. Tickets are on sale at 8am this morning.
• A teaser landed in our inbox yesterday, confirming that Dance Nation Australia will reveal this Tuesday evening that an “iconic, global music festival” will head to Australia for the summer. A launch event is set to place in Sydney at 6pm.
• Aussie guitar legend Tommy Emmanuel is hitting the road in September for a national tour. He’ll kick things off at the Perth Concert Hall on Tuesday September 26, before playing Melbourne’s Hamer Hall on September 28, the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall on September 30 and QPAC Concert Hall in Brisbane on October 03. Tickets are on sale at 9am this Monday, May 22.
• The Getaway Plan will turn the clock back later this year, playing their 2008 album ‘Other Voices, Other Rooms’ in its entirety at a series of shows across the country. The band will play the Rosemount Hotel in Perth on September 01, the Corner Hotel in Melbourne on September 09, The Triffid in Brisbane on September 14, the Metro Theatre in Sydney on September 15 and The Gov in Adelaide on September 22. Tickets are on sale Monday.
• The APIA Good Times Tour kicks off tonight with a massive sold out show at the Darwin Entertainment Centre. But it’s not just the good people of the top end snapping up tickets at a stellar rate, with confirmation that shows in Sydney, Brisbane, Tweed Heads, Thirroul and Bendigo have also sold out. This year’s line-up includes The Black Sorrows with Vika & Linda Bull, Colin Hay, Mental As Anything and Deborah Conway.
WEDNESDAY MAY 17 : Maroochy Music Festival (Maroochydore)
THURSDAY MAY 18 : Gang Of Youths (Nationally)
FRIDAY MAY 19 : Tina Arena (Melbourne)
FRIDAY MAY 19 : Dean Lewis (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY MAY 19 : Stone Sour (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
MONDAY MAY 22 : Tommy Emmanuel (Nationally)
MONDAY MAY 22 : The Getaway Plan (Nationally)
MONDAY MAY 22 : Yours & Owls Festival (Wollongong)
TUESDAY MAY 23 : Ed Sheeran (Nationally)