• Welcome to your midweek Purge! Gold Coast singer songwriter Casey Barnes is back with a brand new single. ‘The Way We Ride’ is Casey’s latest collaboration with the MSquared boys in Melbourne and was serviced to Australian media on Monday morning ahead of its release this Friday. “I can’t remember ever being more excited about the release of a single than I am with ‘The Way We Ride,” Casey says in a statement. “I really feel this single is a huge step forward for me after the recent success of ‘Just Like Magic'” He launches the track with a gig at NightQuarter on the Gold Coast this Saturday night.
• Pop princess Kylie Minogue pops up on the new album from Aussie kids group The Wiggles. The Aussie icon contributes vocals to the track ‘Monkey Man’ on the band’s new ‘Duets’ LP, which dropped at the end of last week. Guy Sebastian, Katie Noonan, Paulini and Christine Anu are others featuring on the album. An accompanying DVD is set for release on June 07.
• Robyn Loau popped up on morning television yesterday to spruik her latest appearance in a musical theatre production. But she also took time to chat about her former Aussie girl group Girlfriend, confirming that plans may be afoot for some kind of reunion later this year to co-incide with the 25th anniversary of the release of their debut ‘Take It From Me’.
• ‘X Files’ superstar David Duchovny will be back in Australia early in 2018, but not for anything to do with the upcoming reboot of the sci-fi phenomenon. No, he’ll be here to perform tracks from his debut album ‘Hell Or Highwater’ and from his upcoming sophomore album, which is due for release later this year. Us Aussies will be among the first in the world to hear the new material live when David performs across the East Coast from late February. Shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle and Wollongong are locked in; tickets are on sale from 9am local time this Friday, June 02.
• Bernard Fanning has had a busy week, adding more shows on his upcoming national tour. He’s sold out a number of shows already and has added extra dates to cope with demand. Now he’s done it again, confirming more shows in both Brisbane and Adelaide. The City of Churches gets a second date at Governor Hindmarsh on October 07 and a third date at The Triffid in Brisbane (on October 21). Tickets are on sale now.
MONDAY MAY 29 : A Fist Full Of Rock (Nationally)
MONDAY MAY 29 : Josh Pyke (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 01 : Peter Andre (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 01 : Ed Sheeran (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 02 : David Duchovny (East Coast)